Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker on the Flex 2 not working properly...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

At night when I lay down I hit the "Begin Sleep Now". When I wake up, I hit "I'm Awake". Almost every time it tells me that my sleep cannot be logged because it is a duplicate, and then the times are all wrong. I hit the "I'm Awake" today after 8 hours, but my log only show 6 and change. (Samsung Galaxy s7 stock/non-rooted)

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@LadyBriar, is there a reason that you are using the manual "Begin Sleep" and "Wake Up" instead of letting the Flex 2 automatically tracking your sleep? 

Best Answer

Because I sleep days and move around a lot in my sleep. Should it matter?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadyBriar welcome aboard! Just like @USAF-Larry said, all of FItbit wrist-based trackers automatically detect your sleep (including your Flex 2), meaning you just need to wear your tracker to bed. After you sync your tracker in the morning you'll see your sleep information on your dashboard. 

Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your tracker assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep. Morning movement tells your tracker that you’re awake. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep log from your history.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, so then why does the sleep start/stop manual option even exist, and why, if I choose to use it for my own reasons, should I not be concerned that it clearly doesn't work? Regardless of the functionality for the automatic sleep detection (which I used for two nights to try it out, and it was off, too) this feature is still in the app and it still doesn't work properly.

If there are two water fountains, and one is broken, telling me not to worry about it and just use the other one doesn't actually address the fact that one is still broken.

As for the automatic option, since it's been brought up twice despite not being the topic at hand, that was a disaster too. It seemed to record the correct timeline, but treated all phases of "restless" as "awake". I do not have it on sensitive, either. This is sort of why I was using the start/stop option to begin with, I'm a very mobile sleeper, and I had a feeling the automatic system wouldn't work well for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadyBriar thanks for getting back to me! Smiley Happy Please keep in mind that your Flex 2 will help you detect patterns and behaviors but it won't provide scientific data since it is not designed as a medical device. 

Also, the manual "Begin Now" option you have on your Fitbit app is meant for trackers that don't have the auto-detection feature such as the One or Zip.

There are two ways your sleep can be recorded; with sleep stages & sleep patterns. When using the Fitbit app, you'll get sleep results using sleep patterns that is the reason why you see some inaccuracies and discrepancies since the Fitbit app and the Flex 2 have different ways of detecting sleep. Using the app you'll only give you the period of time you've been asleep but it won't give any sleep stages. 

So my best recommendation is to simply wear your Flex 2 when you're going to sleep and let it do its work. Smiley Happy Hope this makes sense!

Let me know if you have any other inquiry about it, I'll be around! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes