Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking - awake time during sleep?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sleep tracking shows these short lines of being awake, while I'm. Does anyone know what that is?

This happens almost every night, even when I sleep alone. It is quiet and I'm not coughing or anything like that.

Screenshot_20240403_125339.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RiekoC Thanks for your input. Yes, that is my take as well. These are the times were we are not in profound rest. 

@malinhelene Welcome back nto the forums. I will be happy to assist you regarding your sleep logs. 

Yes, the awake time is usually recorded when we are not completely restful. That is why it overlaps with "light sleep". If you check your deep sleep stage, there is no awake time there. I assume the same as @RiekoC that these are recorded when one rolls over or moves around the bed. Times where we are not sleeping profoundly. Hope this makes sense. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @malinhelene 

I believe those short wake times on your sleep stage graph correspond to the brief wake times in your Time Asleep graph, which you find in the tile above your sleep stage tile.

I see these on both my Time Asleep graph and Sleep Stage graph. Looking at my graphs, these wake times are very brief - some are less than a minute. These could be times we roll over or have some other movement that our Fitbits track as awake times.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

@RiekoC Thanks for your input. Yes, that is my take as well. These are the times were we are not in profound rest. 

@malinhelene Welcome back nto the forums. I will be happy to assist you regarding your sleep logs. 

Yes, the awake time is usually recorded when we are not completely restful. That is why it overlaps with "light sleep". If you check your deep sleep stage, there is no awake time there. I assume the same as @RiekoC that these are recorded when one rolls over or moves around the bed. Times where we are not sleeping profoundly. Hope this makes sense. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer