Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved mt Charge 2 sync issue with Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is not a question but rather some advice for those for those where all suggested steps to resolve Fitbit device syncing issues have been futile.

So my issue was that following the most recent Android 8 software update on my Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro on 1st March, my Fitbit Charge 2 device kept failing to sync. It has been working fine for the past 2 years. I tried every suggested solution under the sun (spent a long time during work hours!):

- restarting the Fitbit device

- restart my phone

- uninstall Fitbit app

- disabling notifications/all day sync settings

- restarting bluetooth on my phone

- ensuring now conflicting bluetooth devices nearby

- setting up my Fitbit device as a replacement to the existing one, still failed to pair-up

- unpairing device with the app on my phone but I was unable to pair-up with phone

- repeated combination of the above.

My biggest worry was that the Galaxy C7 was not a 'supported device' and that my Charge 2 was out of warranty and probably had become faulty. This was all before I realised that the last time my Fitbit successfully synced with my phone was half an hour before I allowed the most recent Android Software Update. And now each time trying to pair the device claimed there were issue with Bluetooth

So I thought to test pairing my Fitbit with my wife's Xiaomi phone (another 'unsupported device'!) and it worked. Then tried again on my phone and pairing was successful again.

Yes cool story maybe.. but hope it helps someone out there. I've not seen anywhere in the forums I've searched to simply suggest pairing the device with a different phone.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the forums @KayumK.

Thanks for taking the time to share those steps that helped you resolve the situation.

I'm sure that other users will definitely find it useful. If anyone tried these steps and it helps you, be sure to let everyone know by posting about it. 

I'd just like to bring up that the Galaxy C7 Pro is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone. Basically as long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it.

Having said that, I do sincerely hope that the steps shared in here help.

Feel free to reach out if there are any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes