Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count changed on app and map lost from tracked hike.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I used my fitbit for the first time yesterday and I came across two problems, I wondered if anyone had any advice to stop them happening or ideas why they happened in the first place?

1. My step count was well over 15000. I received my badge and completed the Yosemite challenge. This synced fine at first but later on the total count dropped by over 4000 and I ended the day on only 13000.

2. I used the track section of the app to map a hike. When I finished, I clicked finish and save. The map appeared but soon after disappeared and no data was available for this activity.

I'm a little disappointed that this happened so any help would be great! I have a fitbit flex 2 and Galaxy S7 Edge...

Thanks 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @VickyC87, I noticed you are new around, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Regarding your first question about the missing steps from your challenge, I'm wondering if the issue is happening on every challenge or only happened once?

Some suggestions that might be of your help are:

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. Or all challenge participants are not in the same time zone.

Now about the issue with the missing GPS data, did you noticed if the GPS Signal was during the run? Meaning your phone can identify your location and can track your location when you're not using Wi-Fi and the Fitbit app is open on your phone or running in the background. Do not force quit the Fitbit app or this will interrupt the connection. If the issue persists on a daily basis try to restart your mobile device and try to connect using the GPS feature again.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes