Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple apps notifications (again?)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

First of all, sorry but I'm not really the "target" for Fitbit products as I do not need a coach for my workouts (I already have a cardio/GPS for running/biking/cycling and no coach/tracker can handle martial arts sessions) and I do not care about the "social" part of it ...

Now I've bought a Flex2 this week because I have to receive (and answer !) calls, alerts, messages during the night (on call support) and I've sometimes missed calls during day time because I've not eared my phone ringing and not felled it vibrating while walking in a noisy street for instance. And same goes for the silent alarm because my phone, even if only vibrating is too much noisy when I need to wake up early ...

So far, the Flex2 does the job. I was looking for something small, screen-less, water resistant that vibrates whenever my phone receives "something". The problem is that I have to choose a single application for notifications. Apart from obvious calls, I'd like the Flex2 to notify me in case of new SMS, mails and various messaging apps (WhatsApp & Hangouts at least). But unfortunately, this is not possible without using a third party application (Fit notifications) which is not developed by Fitbit and that the next firmware update pushed could break ... And even now, some notification are delayed from 30' to 60' even with "widget & always connected" configured on the Fitbit app.

I've seen already several posts regarding this multi-applications support for notification, even a kind of pool that received several "likes" but still, it looks like developers do not want to take this very basic requirement into account ... Any idea on why this situation on a very simple functionality to implement that will pleased a lot of users without impacting those who do not need it ??

Thanks a lot in advance !

PS: Extra question, is the Flex2 able to handle silent alarms in off-line mode ? Let's say I've set an alarm at 6am, that the Flex2 has been synced and the phone put in "air-plane mode" for some reason ...

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Community @Belokan.

I understand where you are coming form. 

Please keep in mind that we're always looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience. Perhaps you could comment and vote on this suggestion to have notifications from multiple apps.

As for your second question, once the alarm has been set and the tracker has synced, the alarm should go off even if the mobile device is on airplane mode, turned off, or even completely destroyed.

I hope this clarifies! Hope to see you around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I've already voted the suggestion, but so far it has been flagged as "won't happen" and closed to comments 😕

Belokan

Best Answer
0 Votes