Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't sync anymore after 2.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi bought a fitbit charge 2 yesterday and set it up fine. There was 1 error with a Bluetooth problem but I clicked "Try again" and then it connected no problem. 

All was going well until I went into the app and noticed it hadn't been syncing so I tried this and it won't connect to the Bluetooth anymore.

I tried resetting it but it didn't make a difference, even with it plugged in correctly. I have  Samsung j3. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

Moderator edit: Title for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
99 REPLIES 99
Have you tried just turning Bluetooth off and then back on. I am having this problem on a Galaxy S5 and a Charge 2 HR.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Am having the same problem with not syncing and no matter what I do nothing is working. It keeps telling me that no Bluetooth is found. I have turned it on/off a million times. Am so frustrated I just feel like throwing my phone out the window and crushing this **ahem** fitbit!

Am also on galaxy s5

Helpppppp

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem for last two days presume since last app update.  Did put app on another device, my tablet, and it worked, then it worked once with phone app but now back to tracker not found.  Tried switching phone off and restarting tracker as per other post but no luck.  Very annoying. Perhaps the £30 tracker from Aldi wasn't so bad after all

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having same problem since I updated the app on my mobile last week.  It's infuriating.  I've tried every official fix mentioned on the forums and links to the official fitbit  page as well.  I've even done a factory reset and maybe once per day if I'm lucky the bluetooth picks it up.  I have been updating using the dongle with my laptop and the app.  Later today I will be calling Fitbit to see if they can help me over the phone as this is ridiculous now.  

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming that I am not the problem. Will be interested to hear what THEY have to say.  I guess that is the problem with accepting auto updates of apps. 

Best Answer
After much headaches and heartache I decided to go to youtube to see if I
could find a video on how to fix the problem and I did. All I had to do was
reset my fitbit and finally my phone recognized my tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aiki_David I don't auto update any apps.  It had been a while so I just did an update but I should have checked here first....one thing I misunderstood in one of the 'fix' posts, I had seen something about doing a restart 5 or 6 times.  I realise now the poster meant consecutively so I just tried that.  For the last 10 minutes I've been syncing repeatedly to test and it's working for now but the tracker (charge hr) does not show up in the bluetooth list. 

Best Answer
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I've tried multiple times to switch off the Bluetooth and back on last
night then pair the device back up to the phone. I tried again earlier and
it seemed to connect no problem after trying to set it back up. Maybe it's
an issue with my phone as there is an ongoing problem with resetting it.
Do I need to keep Bluetooth and the "Always connected" on all of the time?
Best Answer
0 Votes

And it's stopped syncing again. Still have to wait 30 minutes to call help centre.

The mobile's bluetooth and location need to be turned on.  But with the app itself I turn off 'always connected' and 'all-day sync' and I do a manual sync when needed.  Just to test, I turned both on and then one and not the other.  Still no syncing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear the fix was temporary.  Tried as well but no luck for me.  Even when my sync was working the tracker never appeared in my Bluetooth device list but interestingly when I managed to sync on my tablet last night the tracker was in the Bluetooth device list.  When I bought an Aldi version this week there was a warning note to say don't pair via the Bluetooth screen only via the app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aiki_David I have an update.  I just phoned the help centre. 

I had to go into the account via the app, 'set up a device', 'add a new' device and go through that process as well as turn on 'all day syncing' just for today. 

I had done this the other day as well with the factory reset but it didn't connect to bluetooth permanently.  So far it is syncing and it appears as paired in the bluetooth settings.  As for keeping it on 'all day sync' that won't be happening after today as it kills my mobile's battery.  I also asked to be able to have the old version of the app back but was denied of course.  

Coincidentally this is actually the very last day of my two year warranty lol! It better keep syncing for me! 

I checked the aldi flyer from last week and we didn't get the tracker in Portugal stores 🙂 just all the other fitness stuff.  

Best Answer

Thanks ringing them up and the useful feedback.  I have reset up as a new device and it is also working.  I will leave on all day sync for now as well.  Hopefully that is the end of the problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It stopped less than an hour after last message.  On hold with fitbit again now! 

**UPDATE**  there is nothing they can do about the syncing issue because my phone, a Wiko Fever android version 6.0, is not on their list of compatible devices.  So, even though it has worked without a single problem for the past two years, they cannot guarantee syncing will work when apps are udpated because it's not on the list.  

What I do agree with is not sending me a new tracker as there is nothing wrong with this one, it syncs via the dongle no problem.  A new one won't change the fact that the app does not work properly. 

When I need to upgrade I will only buy from a company that lists my phone on their compatibility list.  The purpose of an app is the convenience factor but going forward I'll just be syncing once per day via dongle on the laptop.  

Maybe enough Westerners will complain and the app will be fixed.  

Best Answer

This is getting annoying, same with me worked for 10 mins and now missing again

Best Answer

I guess my phone will be the same as well.  I was thinking about upgrading Fitbit but not now.  Thanks for your efforts 

Best Answer

Dear tantntiny, my phone is on the incompatible list as we suspected.  So I too will have to sync with my laptop.  Not at all convenient.  I am so pleased I did not buy a Alta HR last week in the sale otherwise the notification features from the phone to the tracker would not have worked.  One step backwards.  Oh well. 

Best Answer

My last sync was today @ 3:23 pm I've tried all the trouble shooting suggestions, restarted my phone several times. I have a Samsung grand prime. Received fit bit as a Christmas gift and haven't had any issues b4 today 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nthgirl, what update did you do?  The app?  The tracker firmware?  If it was the app that was updated, did you shut down your phone and then power it on again after the update completed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
App update and yes I have restarted my phone several times I didn't power
off my phone I will do that now
Best Answer
0 Votes