Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't sync anymore after 2.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi bought a fitbit charge 2 yesterday and set it up fine. There was 1 error with a Bluetooth problem but I clicked "Try again" and then it connected no problem. 

All was going well until I went into the app and noticed it hadn't been syncing so I tried this and it won't connect to the Bluetooth anymore.

I tried resetting it but it didn't make a difference, even with it plugged in correctly. I have  Samsung j3. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

Moderator edit: Title for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
99 REPLIES 99

@KMC509 wrote:

I am going home tonight to see if my alta have any issues. If it does not then I will install the app on my husbands phone and see if it can find my ionic. Try to pin point the issue to android, ionic, or my phone. I'm officially pissed though.

My wife's alta syncs just fine.  We both have Samsung Galaxy S7's. I think it's Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't even know there was a compatibility list until after I bought the
charge 2. They should have a list of this somewhere.. maybe in the shop
with the fitbit? Otherwise people couldn't return theirs if it wasn't
compatible since it had been opened.

I turned off the automatic sync and just do a manual one every few hours
but I noticed that a lot of the time, a little red circle with an
exclamation mark will show up next to it, with no error message.

The developers definitely need to fix their syncing problems as I've seen
quite a few people complain about the same issue.
Best Answer

My charge 2 is not synching since Monday. Tried all the usual update performance to no avail. Fed up with this faffing about every time they update. This time is the worst. Also having lots of other equipment should not be necessary. I hate being told to use a computer that I don't have or need.

Best Answer

Guess what people, just tried to synch again and it worked. I will watch what happens next. Data held in tracker has appeared. Now I can see what getting so wound up with this has done to my heart rate. I will let you know if this sudden success continues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well everyone as anticipated that didn't last. Seems to have been a one-off event. Back to waiting for fitbit to get their act together and give us what we have paid for, a product that bloody works.

Best Answer

@Maceart wrote:

Fitbit refuses to acknowledge that their newest app update screwed up synching for Android devices. Easiest fix is to find an older .apk file (2.55 worked fine for me).

This is stupid, Fitbit.

Well @Maceart, actually the android apps don't work for 95% of the post 2015 android devices. It does happen to work for a couple of them irregularly. But everything's a sign of a much bigger problem that they refuse to aknowledge.

Best Answer

Woo hoo. Sorry mate, join the club. This would appear to be approaching the point of no return for many of us. They need to pull their fingers out pretty sharpish. No one will be buying the expensive new toys with the reputation they are getting now. I for one would not now recommend them.

Best Answer

@Lilbiddy wrote:

My charge 2 is not synching since Monday. Tried all the usual update performance to no avail. Fed up with this faffing about every time they update. This time is the worst. Also having lots of other equipment should not be necessary. I hate being told to use a computer that I don't have or need.

If an app version is working well for you don't update the app. Why would you update a perfectly good working app when you know there's a very good chance the update is going to break things?

Turn off auto updating and leave good working apps alone 😋

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same since yday. 

All new to this too.

Come on fitbit we need this sorted asp

Best Answer

Where can I find the older apk files?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works for me, sometimes, but not always:

• Switch off bluetooth on your phone.
  • Delete the tracker from the app
  • Restart phone
  • start bluetooth
  • reboot the tracker
  • open the app and reconnect the tracker/ sometimes it doesn't find it, if this is the case, reboot the tracker again and be sure that the battery is at least half full
  • put in the code number and pray

After this procedure synchronisation is ok, just once. If I want to synchronise again, I have to go through the entire procedure again.

Acer Liquid Zest with Android 6.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of sometimes yesterday afternoon it all just started to work again. I reset everything, and BAM. Let's see how long it lasts. For now I am happy again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won't suna today for the first time. Wazzup Fitbit?  What good is your device if I can't get it to update? C'mon! Give us an answer!

Best Answer
I am finding that it syncs when it wants to. It finally synced yesterday at about 11 a.m. and didn't again until 9 p.m. last night. I don't know why it is so intermittent.
Best Answer
It seems to be intermittent. Mine finally synced at 11 a.m. yesterday but not again until 9 p.m. last night. I don't know what to do to fix this!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree!! I am finding that it is syncing intermittently, yesterday around 11 a.m. and not again til 9 p.m. Ridiculous!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, I thought it's just me. My Surge is not syncing since a few days on android app. I had to unpair and pair it for syncing. It just stops at 70%, after that it cannot find tracker. I did update the app. Fitbit please can you look into this?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Great! This solved all my problems. This version of the app is working even better than the version I had installed before (don't know the number, but I bought my fitbit a month ago, so it is bound to be higher than this 2.55 version).

So what is going on here? Too much focus on bells and whistles and on attempts to lure us into buying more product? I am an IT project manager and the technical side of this doesn't scare me, but I have learned my lesson...under these circumstances I don't feel I can honestly recommend fitbit to any of my friends!

Best Answer

My smart 2 didn't sync to my android phone since yesterday. I try most of the method after reading from this forum and didn't  work,  did restart,  reinstall the app.... Then I notice the app was upgrade to 2.6.4. I deleted and go back to 2.6.3. Like magic, all work and back to 2 days ago. I'm not sure is it due to 2.6.4 upgrade of the App but it did solved my problem. 

Best Answer
Thank you

Sent from my LG X venture, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes