Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't sync anymore after 2.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi bought a fitbit charge 2 yesterday and set it up fine. There was 1 error with a Bluetooth problem but I clicked "Try again" and then it connected no problem. 

All was going well until I went into the app and noticed it hadn't been syncing so I tried this and it won't connect to the Bluetooth anymore.

I tried resetting it but it didn't make a difference, even with it plugged in correctly. I have  Samsung j3. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

Moderator edit: Title for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
99 REPLIES 99
Fitbit r aware of hug in latest update. We have to wait til they work it
out and update the app for us. Driving me crazy too
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, kudos to you friend, you actually got them to admit they have a bug after blaming us and our phones all this time. Well done.

Now we wait with antici....(say it) pation.

Best Answer

All we needed was a down date or undate, reversion, call it what you will. Would that have been so difficult. If they had held their hands up earlier I would have had more respect for them. It took a lot of shouting to be heard and even more to be listened to.

Best Answer
I agree. Just tell us what is going on and not say it is the phone
Best Answer

Having the same issue around the same time as post people (11am)

I was mid way through workweek hussle too 👎

Best Answer
0 Votes

Look for the excellent post of Maceart about this problem. His solution to downgrade the app to version 2.55 works!

The solution offered by fitbit elsewhere and in the help pages (reconnecting the tracker) works too...but only once for most people.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone! I'm glad to see you here in the Forums, your comments are very important for us!

Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone! I'm glad to see you here in the Forums, your comments are very important for us!

Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone! Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here worked fine for the first few days of January when I bought it now just updates occasionally during the day if I try to sync just days looking using a blackview phone with the fit bit charge 2 tried all the normal stuff still no luck

Best Answer

Hi guys, not officially sanctioned but followed the advice in 'Fix to the horrendous 2.64 update that FitBit is m..'. discussion and moved back to 2.63 on my phone and of course it works as it used to.  Not happy having  unofficial software but sync to my laptop is not as convenient as a phone.  2.65 upgrade was the same problem since our phones are not fancy enough. 

Best Answer

For me it is not an android issue, it is that my phone is not on the compatibility list (not fancy enough) so my Christmas present from 2016 bought by my mother who is not a technology expert and would not ask such questions, no longer syncs with app 2.64 even though every version from December 2016 up to 2.63 was fine.  Sync to a laptop is fine but this is not as convenient since I don't carry it with me.  Regards

Best Answer

I didn't even know their was a compatibility list until after I bought it so I think they should have it on any website that sells the fitbit and in the shops next to the item.

Best Answer

@shannon673 as the person who posted it I can confirm they removed it. Thanks for reposting. Hopefully gets their act together. 

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

Sometimes removing your tracker from your account, then re-adding it back through a pc will fix the syncing issues you can get with a new app update.

Once the trackers added back through the pc, uninstall and reinstall the phone app (with a phone restart in between), and once you log into the phone app it should automatically sync, and then sync reliably.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you send me a link to the previous version that would be my best solution for now 

Cheers 

Best Answer

Hi heffalump have a look at the discussion titled 'fix to horrendous 2.64.....'

Best Answer

At this point neither my PC nor my Android can detect my Flex 2. I have to remove it entirely and connect it as new. Then and only then can either detect it. If Fitbit doesn't fix this in a very short time (and I'd think "roll back the software to the last working version" shouldn't take very long), I'll have to remove my Flex 2 entirely from both PC and Android and stop using it altogether.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone! Thank you for all the time and effort you have invested to solve this. Currently our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update. Our Android team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. For updates on this issue, please check out this thread. If you are not on Oreo and experiencing syncing issues check out this article if you haven’t already.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes