Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't sync anymore after 2.64

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi bought a fitbit charge 2 yesterday and set it up fine. There was 1 error with a Bluetooth problem but I clicked "Try again" and then it connected no problem. 

All was going well until I went into the app and noticed it hadn't been syncing so I tried this and it won't connect to the Bluetooth anymore.

I tried resetting it but it didn't make a difference, even with it plugged in correctly. I have  Samsung j3. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

Moderator edit: Title for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
99 REPLIES 99

How were you able to go back to the previous version?

Best Answer

Same issue. Since updating to 2.64, I am unable to sync my Alta with my phone. Went through all of the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I did get it to sync once after deleting the tracker and setting it up again as a new device, but haven't been able to sync it again since. Please fix your software, Fitbit.

Best Answer

All worked fine til yesterdays update. Now phone and tracker won't sync

Best Answer

I would try restarting your phone and then restarting your fitbit using this procedure:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Give this a few tries as it doesn't always work. If it still won't sync after that then there are some more ideas to try in this help file:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your tracker is syncing fine, DON'T UPDATE YOUR APP!! 

Pretty simple really 😋

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me. Ionic, Samsung Galaxy S8, Bluetooth sync, using 24h time.

I understand now that this started failing with the 2.64 version of the app (worked great before that with no changes of settings on my behalf).

At first I just thought it was weird that I couldn't sync, but the day after, when I still couldn't sync, I noticed that the time was off on the Ionic, like way off, several hours. I would also have the app suggest to me to restart Bluetooth, as if that was the problem, listening to headphones for example work great, as well as all my other devices.

I went through all suggestions by admins here on the forum, it seems they are recommending things that do not help, like changing settings that worked FINE before the update, and neither did restarting the Ionic, restarting the phone or anything like all-day-sync and useless stuff like that.

After that another 2 days or so I started getting annoyed for real, and posted on app review, where I also saw a lot of other people with the same issue since the update, also on other devices. I then started noticing the Ionic UI was really sluggish and I realised I had been charging it twice in this time, meaning the thing was burning battery like crazy also.

I then tried installing the 2.63 version of the Fitbit app, hoping that might make it work, but an app change would not in my mind at least, make the UI sluggish and battery consumption go up, so I thought that maybe there was also a firmware update that had been rolled out (but I do not know what it was before so I cannot prove this) along with the update that could have made it all worse.

After that I tried triggering a factory reset on the Ionic itself, hoping that would get me back to a previous working state, but after that it seems to only display the logo and I cannot do anything with it now, so now it is essentially bricked and it is going back to the store tomorrow.

I haven't made up my mind if I want a new one or a refund at this point, but I am writing this for all consumers in case someone feels this is something similar to what they have seen, and if they are feeling as annoyed as I am about advice like "try disabling the firewall on your girlfriends computer" or whatever, that is simply useless.

There are serious software issues causing this, it is that simple.

Best Answer

Mine also synced fine until yesterday, then it finally synced about 11AM. Odd that many of us were able to sync at that time? I had turned on my "always connected" and my "all day sync" -- battery suckers, for sure, so I turned them off after the sync. Again, it didn't sync again this morning first thing, but finally did so awhile ago after I had kept the battery suckers on. What's up Fitbit??? It sounds like it's a problem with the app. Fix this!  

Best Answer

Same here. Updated app, nowwon't sync. I've owned this less than a month and this is ridiculous

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tks for the help. Tried it all and nothing works. Everything was fine till
the update to the app two days ago.
Best Answer

Somebody mentioned a day or two ago that it's a bug in the update. He said he downloaded an older version of the APK, 2.55 I think, and that fixed it. Sounds like either wait for a fix or google the 2.55 APK

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my charge hr I've had it for months never had any issues after latest update I cannot keep it connecting to my phone I've got it to work a couple of times by unpairing & pairing my device but its hit & miss & once I close the app it wont work again its a real pain having to take all these steps just to sync with my phone I had to download the windows app & connect to my laptop now

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I find an android old version of the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done it all..even reset my whole phone. Ended up ringing Fitbit
on1800875234 (from Australia) and they refuse to believe it's the update.
Said it's the phone. Seems like I am not alone. Tks for your help
Best Answer

The same thing happened to my Fitbit. It was fine until the update and now they want to tell me it's my phone. My phone worked fine for three years with Fitbit. I just bought two trackers in less than six months and I can't even use them for what I want anymore. If something doesn't get done, I'm going to find a new tracker. Fitbit always had flaws when they updated but they fixed them, from what I can tell they aren't planning on it this time. I didn't see a sign anywhere telling me that it was only compatible with certain phones. Fitbit is starting to suck and I hope the sales prove it.

@Lenovos wrote:

All worked fine til yesterdays update. Now phone and tracker won't sync

Best Answer

Both my wife and I are having the very same problem. Both stopped syncing last Friday. Fitbit help assures me I can either buy a new phone or stop using their product. The only we can get them to sync is to go through the process of replacing the device in the software ... every time we want to sync. It's not too painful, but it's not at all convenient. Much more of this and I think I'll give up on Fitbit entirely.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  Is there a fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the steps to download the 2.55 apk & everything's back to normal it's the only thing that worked I tried everything else

Best Answer

Same issue, syncs fine with my ipad but no joy with phone

So, did rollback to apk version 2.55 - all is well with the world again!

OK, so tried update again after Fitbit stated it was fixed, I can sync my phone via Bluetooth but when I try to GPS tp phone to map exercise I get "Check Fitbit App" or "phone not found"

Best Answer
Rang Fitbit again and they r aware of the problem. Working on a fix now
they said. Hope it is soon. Driving me crazy
Best Answer
Fitbit r aware of the bug in the latest update. Working to rectify. Hang
on til they get a fix and update. I'm hanging til then too
Best Answer