Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count reduced after adding exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I went for a run/walk tonight & my Fitbit Charge HR failed to auto detect the workout properly. The exercise I did was for an hour but Fitbit only tracked 39 minutes of it.

(despite me not stopping & my HR still being up & my steps continuing to increase during that time)

I thought, 'oh doesn't matter I can simply enter the exercise in myself'. So I added in the correct time & distance, deleted the auto-detected exercise & then the Fitbit app dropped my steps from 10,264 steps to 8,741

When I tried deleting the exercise that I added, the steps go back to 10,264, but then I don't have my 'daily exercise' marked as done.. So that isn't an acceptable solution..

Why does Fitbit recalculate the steps done when you add exercise when it has already correctly counted them during that same period? Is there some way around this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Auto detected exerciseAuto detected exercise

Correct stepsCorrect steps

Steps after adding exercise manuallySteps after adding exercise manually

Exercise addedExercise added

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only things I can see that would change that are Start time, duration and stride length.

Looking at both images there is a 10 minute difference on the start times. Which is correct? The auto recognized one or the manual one? The auto one starts at 10:54, manual at 10:44. 10 minutes of possible overlap that would have negated steps you took prior to the run.

Also check to see if the stride length you have set is accurate. Distance/Stride = steps.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer
0 Votes