Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps and Sleep Zeroing Out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My steps and sleep information keeps zeroing out. This starts happening for data after early morning on Sunday (3/29). It picks up my sleep tracking Sunday and the first few hundred steps but then the data stops. No additional steps ever show up for Sunday or Monday. The steps for today (Tuesday 3/31) will update when I force the app to sync with my Ionic but shortly after zero back out. The Android home screen widget also remains at 0 steps. If I look at the Today app on the Ionic itself, I can see that the steps were recorded. However I also see that the sleep data is now showing up in the Today app on the Ionic. 

I suspect that tomorrow the data from today (Tuesday) will be stuck at zero like Monday's data is today. I also suspect that the current day's data will continue to update momentarily when force synced but will continue to be zeroed out shortly after.

I believe my app was updated on Sunday when the issue would have first arose. Is this issue being seen by others? I did not see any posts that described this particular behavior with syncing. 

I am running the 3.17 app with an Ionic running firmware 27.70.7.14 on a Samsung Note 8 with Android 9.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Since nobody responded I wanted to provide an update if anybody else encounters this issue.

On Wednesday my Ionic started rebooting itself every 10 minutes and was still having the issue with data zeroing out. So I decided to reset it. I first tried using the factory reset option from the Ionic's UI. This attempted but failed as it could not sync to back up data. I then tried the two button reset option. This went through the process and while the apps and firmware were reset the device was not fully reset and could not be re-linked. I then did another two button reset and after that everything was truly reset and I was able to link the Ionic to my account again. 

Since then the Ionic is not longer restarting and data is not getting zeroed out when syncing. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Since nobody responded I wanted to provide an update if anybody else encounters this issue.

On Wednesday my Ionic started rebooting itself every 10 minutes and was still having the issue with data zeroing out. So I decided to reset it. I first tried using the factory reset option from the Ionic's UI. This attempted but failed as it could not sync to back up data. I then tried the two button reset option. This went through the process and while the apps and firmware were reset the device was not fully reset and could not be re-linked. I then did another two button reset and after that everything was truly reset and I was able to link the Ionic to my account again. 

Since then the Ionic is not longer restarting and data is not getting zeroed out when syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes