Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps counting while driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I am a firefighter and fire engines are not the most comfortable rigs to drive around in. All the extra bouncing counts my steps like CRAZY! Has anyone figured out a way to get around this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

A suggestion was made 5 years ago to have a driving mode that suspends step counting until cancelled. 

We're still waiting. 

Best Answer

Hi @Page12, welcome to the Community Forums, sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for your post and the details that were shared. Your device has been tested against driving and riding in buses, trains, and other public transportation and shouldn’t add steps when you’re traveling under normal conditions. On bumpy roads or in a car with a stiff transmission your device may add some steps. For most customers, the number of extra steps added when driving isn’t significant when compared to your overall stats. If you want to remove the steps from your daily total, manually log the driving activity for the time you were in a vehicle. 

For more information please check our help article: How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?

@Lilbiddy It's nice to see you again participating over here, I appreciate your patience with this and the input that was shared in your post, we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience.

I'll be around, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes