Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not updating in Challenge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My steps are not posting on my challenges. I have over 6000 steps and my challenge says I only have 2000. I have restarted my phone, app is up to date, and devices are syncing.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to our Community @Angik! Thanks for joining us! Smiley HappyI totally agree with the question @kawaiiko asked you. Please know that there are some possible reasons for this to happen as the following:

1. Steps fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. 
2. You manually logged an activity. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
This makes perfect sense. I manually log my treadclimber steps by entering
the miles... Thanks! I hold on while climbing/walking, so my wrist monitor
doesn't pick up. I'll have to just use my old fit bit one.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Is the person who started the challenge in the same time zone as you?  The steps are based on their time zone so if it's not the same, your steps won't be exact.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community @Angik! Thanks for joining us! Smiley HappyI totally agree with the question @kawaiiko asked you. Please know that there are some possible reasons for this to happen as the following:

1. Steps fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. 
2. You manually logged an activity. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
This makes perfect sense. I manually log my treadclimber steps by entering
the miles... Thanks! I hold on while climbing/walking, so my wrist monitor
doesn't pick up. I'll have to just use my old fit bit one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same problem, but I don't manually log anything. What can I do to try to fix it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad to hear this @AngikMan HappyI'd like to invite you to our Discussions board which is the perfect place to make new friends and share your interests here at Fitbit.

It's nice to see our Community is growing @HighlandLassWoman HappyI'd like to know if you have double check the other possible reasons provided in my previous post? Do any of them applies to you?

Keep me posted! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem. I am in a workweek hustle challenge and it's saying I have done 61740 steps when i have actually done 66030 steps this week when i count each days total. I am alsi in a daily showdown and it's showing 13927 when I have done 18217 steps today. Goal day is showing 139% which should be 182%! I worked really hard today and am disappointed I won't be doing good as well on challenges as I should be.....any help would be much appreciated.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Pamela1968

I've seen you posted to your concern a while ago so I just want to give you follow up if everything is working fine. In case the issue persists the first refers to @MeylinP post.

Keep in mind that only steps from your tracker or MobileTrack count towards a challenge. That means manually logged activities and activities tracked through any third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total.

Hope it helps! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Me too, having similar problems.

So does that mean if I log a walk with Strava, the steps won't count for the challenge? 

Not sure if its related or not, but my walk using Strava didn't allocate the time to Active Minutes either.

So confused.

Cheers

D

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  I accept the challenge but others on the challenge says it only shows me invited and will not log my steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this problem with an adventure challenge I created. The first landmark is at 1270 steps. My dashboard shows 1300 but the map shows I'm still at the start. 

I have restarted my phone.

Reinstalled and logged out and back into the fitbit app.

I do not manually log steps.

I do not use the exercise tracker / run tracker features. 

The map still shows me at the start of the adventure.

Best Answer
0 Votes
On weekly/weekend challenges I had to make a comment to the group before it would start registering my steps. If that doesn't work you might have to contact Fitbit help desk. I had to contact them about this issue and they were able to fix it.

Thanks,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy any copies, electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this communication.
Best Answer
0 Votes
On weekly/weekend challenges I had to make a comment to the group before it would start registering my steps. If that doesn't work you might have to contact Fitbit help desk. I had to contact them about this issue and they were able to fix it.

Thanks,

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy any copies, electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this communication.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bbbeaver89 I have sent a message to the group already but still no luck getting anything to sync.

It's hard to figure out if anything has logged since adventure challenges don't show your step count. By the time I can get a hold of support the challenge will probably be over. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done it all. No one on our weekly challenge has updated for more than 5H. My Inspire HR updated yesterday, so I thought that was the problem, I found the was a new update for my android app, thought that might be the problem. Across the board, not working, 2 challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having synchronising problems.  

The Valley Challenge appears to be updating for at least one other person who I think is in the same time zone as me although I think it was set up in US.  Her step count has been going up whilst mine has been stuck for over 14 hours and I don’t know why. 

Also the maths for a challenge a few days ago are very wrong.  My daily goal is 10,000 steps.  20747 steps therefore cannot be only 99% of my goal!  I think everyone was in the UK time zone for that. 

I am using a Charge 4 and the connection with my devices is constantly having to be renewed.  Could this be contributing to the problem?  I have to keep forgetting the Bluetooth connection and reconnect.  I have also restarted the mobile phone, tablet and Fitbit at various times, though not tried all at once. 

Best Answer
0 Votes