Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Fitbit devices with firmware version updated

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I would suggest that you ship the fitbit devices with newer firmware. The online community has a lot of posts from new users frustrated that they can't connect to Spotify or change clock faces. These seem like pretty basic functions that you should be able to use right out of the box

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

That would be nice but who knows how long these devices sit in a warehouse before being sold - there will always be a chance of new firmware coming out in that gap between manufacture and use.

What used to happen was that as soon as the fitbit was setup it detected a new version right away and prompted you to update. The problem with this is that the download took ages so the fitbit was out of commission for a while straight after setup (which was frustrating). So, they changed it to the current process where it downloads a new version bit-by-bit in the background each time a sync takes place. Then, when fully downloaded (after a day or two) it promps you to install the update (which is quite quick). The downside here is the problem you highlight - it might take a day or two to get some of the advertised features and this is confusing and annoying.

Not sure what the best approach is - they each have their problems. Perhaps just better communication about what's happening would be enough.?

Best Answer

Thanks Stephen. That makes sense. Yes better communication on this would be great. Some indication to expect this and how long until the firmware update will be completed. The moment I installed the app an update occurred which gave a false sense that it was up to date. looking at the latest firmware version I can see that the current firmware is a long way from the latest version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 weeks and numerous syncs and still on 33.1.30

Best Answer
0 Votes