Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving low battery notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past few weeks I havent been getting low battery push notifications on my phone or table (both samsungs) but I was getting email notifications.   However this week I didnt get anything and woke up to a dead Alta HR this morning.   I looked at the settings and low battery is no longer an option for push notifications, and the number of options for push notifications was significantly reduced.   Is this now a premium service?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Hi @brandie0502  there is a new Android app version being rolled out to us. Version 3.7 started arriving yesterday, so it will get to all of us in turn. I'm waiting on mine to show up. That should take care of a few issues. Keep an eye out for that update. Hoping it solves the glitches for us! Information can be found in this post - click to read

I'm moving this to the Android area of the forum.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past few weeks I havent been receiving low battery notifications on my phone or table (both samsung) but was receiving low battery emails.  This week I'm not even getting emails and woke up to a dead Alta HR.   I checked my push notification settings and low battery is no longer an option (and the number of options for push notifications has significantly decreased).   Are low battery notifications (or other push notifications) now only part of the premium service?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @brandie0502  your posts were merged, so any responses will be in the same thread. No, this isn't part of premium. Did you see my post earlier? I'll notify a moderator to stop by and assist you. Thanks for being here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response.  I looked for an update this morning but there wasnt one.  I'll keep an eye out.  Hopefully that will resolve the issue.  Left my alta charging when I left the house today & now feel naked without it!   I didnt mean to post twice, I didnt think the first post had gone through.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Odyssey13, check also my post Push Notifications, where did most of them go. I have just found I have this problem. No battery warnings, no email weekly summary, no little messages telling me when I have exceeded my step goal or how many steps to meet it.  Why is my version of the app constantly being fouled up when I have no way of updating?  I'm on 3.4.1. Android 5. 

I only realised they had gone when checking through after reloading after yet another crash.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lilbiddy  I doubt you're going to get a newer version of the app with Android 5. I have Android 5 and the 3.4.1 app on my older phone I use for Fitbit but not calls. My usual phone is Android 9 and has the 3.6.1 app. Android 7 is required for the new app beyond 3.4.1 - click to read

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13, that's my point. 

They keep fouling up the version I am using when they shouldn't be able to as I have no recourse to the solution. 

If you read my other post it has also affected 2.63 running on my kindle. 

So no notifications but the notification log is full of entries from October 2017 to June 2018 that can't be got rid of.

What on earth are they doing with this app.?  Why can't they just admit they have royally messed up and give us the old one back until they can hire someone with the know-how to make this abomination work properly. 

Best Answer

Never used it on my Kindle, although I have one. I'm sure Fitbit will be responding to these posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also noticed a number of really old notifications on the app I can't get rid of.  Some 2 years old.

Best Answer

I downloaded the update & still don't have pushed notifications. Also uninstalled and reinstalled & still nothing. The only push notifications I have are exercise goal milestones, auto recognized exercises, & research invitations. 

Best Answer

@brandie0502, I see you also have a different selection of remaining push notifications. It would appear to be a random few if any that remain,  not a standard set. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody! Nice too see you back in the Community! Thank you for your comments and insights. 

@Odyssey13 , thank you for letting us know about this thread. 

@brandie0502 , as our friend Odyssey13 mentioned, we are rolling out a the new 3.7 app version. The notifications are not only for premium. They should work on every account if the requirements are met. 

Please on your Fitbit app go to your profile picture>notifications  verify that the push notifications option for the battery level is turned on. 

You'll find this information and more, as well as other tips here

@Lilbiddy , thank you for your comments and feedback.  That the old in app notifications are still shown, it's expected. The'll be replaced and deleted, as soon as you reached the maximum and received new ones afterwards. As Odyssey13 stated, our current app version is the 3.7 and currently rolling out to the users. Please take in consideration that our app is being supported by Android devices with Android 7 and above. I also recommend you to have a look at this article for more tips and information. 

My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Please keep me posted.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit, you have missed all the relevant points made here. Low battery push notification isn't there to turn on. 

Read my post headed "Push Notifications,  where did most of them go?"  and you will see the relevant screen shots. They clearly show that many headings are missing.  How do I get an email of my weekly summary if I cannot select it?

As for my log of in app notifications, these are meant to delete after 30 days. If I am not registering new ones after June 2018 how does this block of almost a years worth of notifications going back to October 2017 ever get deleted?

I know your app now supports android 7. It was announced that android 5 users wouldn't receive updates after 3.4.1. I would be fine with that if it wasn't for the fact that I am getting problems with it every time an update is put out.  Like the appearance of these old notifications and loss of push notification choices. These subsequent updates for platforms I am not using shouldn't be affecting me. 

On the subject of updates you may also want to note that @brandie0502 has received the new update and says that it didn't solve the problem. Referring us to stock how to get notifications is not going to help. We know how we are supposed to get them but you cannot select what isn't there.

@Odyssey13 thank you for trying to get us help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit wrote:

Please take in consideration that our app is being supported by Android devices with Android 7 and above. 

So are you saying that those of us with older versions of the App that don't have a means to upgrade are just out of luck here??? I understand going forward with later versions requiring Android 7 or higher, but what about legacy support for those of us that can't upgrade to the later versions?

My fitbit and my phone are still functioning very well. I should not have to upgrade to keep the same functionality I was used to. You guys are changing things on the server side that is having a negative impact on the older apps, sorry but that's not the way it's supposed to happen. I may not have access to new features but I shouldn't lose access to older ones.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

@JuanFitbit I have the current update, I have a phone that is higher than an android 7, and I know how to turn push notifications on/off.  If I only have 3-4 options for push notifications, none of them being low battery, I cant make sure the ones I want are turned on.    Thank you for your response but it doenst help at all.  

Best Answer

Hi @Lilbiddy @GSaldiveri , nice to see you back! Thank you for the information provided. Please, do not understand me in a wrong way, we will continue providing support to all users! I'm glad to hear from you , @GSaldiveri  that you are not having difficulties with your Fitbit or the app.  Just to be clear, we cannot warranty a flawless synchronization, with devices with another app version. We'll be glad to help everyone in the best possible manner . 

Please note that after an OS update, our team works on the Fitbit app so it can met the conditions of this update and communicate with the Fitbit app. Our team has also received feedback from our users and be sure that every comment is taken into consideration to improve our overall environment.

That being said, I'll like to get back to the main situation here.   

@brandie0502 , thank you for your reply and further information. Our tema has been informed, and is investigating this, and working on a solution . If possible could you please add to your reply a screenshot, where you cannot see the Push notification toggle. This would help us with the investigation. 

Let me know if you have further question. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit thank you for continuing to look into the problem. This is all I have for push notifications:

Screenshot_20191003-191102.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit please note that @GSaldiveri said his fitbit and his phone are functioning NOT the app. We all have the problem with push notifications. See his screenshot. 

Is my head denting the wall yet?

Best Answer

@Lilbiddylol, I take all this in stride these days and fully expect these types of answers from them. To be honest, I plan on moving to the Garmin platform by the end of the year. I'm tired of fighting with this stuff. The better they make this platform the worse it gets...

**Edit: Just for fun I went to take a look at the notification section on the Web dashboard. Interesting... I have no access to any notification settings other than the "Programs" notification.

Untitled.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer