Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps off in app by 1000s, daily vs weekly view

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to be a huge Fitbit fan but I keep hitting bugs that affect the core purpose of having a fitness tracker to begin with. 

In the app (Android) my step count in the weekly view is sometimes off from the detail view. In the example below, days have a step count of 0 and 14 but really (when you click on the day) have thousands of steps counted for those days. 

Reinstalling the app and logging in /out has no effect. 

Screenshot_20180303-213001.png

Screenshot_20180303-213008.png

Screenshot_20180303-213004.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TexasFil, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community! I was reviewing your post and I appreciate you have brought this to my attention, rest assure I will pass this information to our teams. By the look of the screenshots, it doesn't seem this is happening on a daily basis, is this correct?

Since you mentioned about reinstalling the app already, I can assume you have the most recent version available of the Fitbit app for Android. So I would like to recommend in the meantime to clear the data of your Fitbit app.

Log out again from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @TexasFil, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community! I was reviewing your post and I appreciate you have brought this to my attention, rest assure I will pass this information to our teams. By the look of the screenshots, it doesn't seem this is happening on a daily basis, is this correct?

Since you mentioned about reinstalling the app already, I can assume you have the most recent version available of the Fitbit app for Android. So I would like to recommend in the meantime to clear the data of your Fitbit app.

Log out again from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That fixed the issue for me. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes