Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync issues since 2.66

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well here I am again, another app update and another FitBit problem. Since the last update I can no longer sync my Blaze unless I unpair it and repair it to my phone. As soon as that is complete, literally nothing I do will make it sync again meaning I can't use any connected GPS or sync any exercise to the app.

Before some moderator comes on with the standard list of things to do. I have done all of them, three times, with 2 different supported devices and one unsupported one just to be sure. It just doesn't work.

It seems that every time an App update is released, it breaks something. Then a whole bunch of nothing responses are given to questions about it until a quiet update to the app is release a couple of days later fixing it all. 

I just don't see the point anymore in owning something that only works 50% of the time. I've spent more time troubleshooting problems with my FitBit than I have actually using it. Support case responses are unhelpful to the point I'm convinced it's deliberate.

How do I go about claiming a refund for a defective product under warranty? I'd like to buy something that works please.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I hear ya!

Jan, disgusted right along with you.............

Best Answer

wrote:

Well here I am again, another app update and another FitBit problem. Since the last update I can no longer sync my Blaze unless I unpair it and repair it to my phone. As soon as that is complete, literally nothing I do will make it sync again meaning I can't use any connected GPS or sync any exercise to the app.

Before some moderator comes on with the standard list of things to do. I have done all of them, three times, with 2 different supported devices and one unsupported one just to be sure. It just doesn't work.

It seems that every time an App update is released, it breaks something. Then a whole bunch of nothing responses are given to questions about it until a quiet update to the app is release a couple of days later fixing it all. 

I just don't see the point anymore in owning something that only works 50% of the time. I've spent more time troubleshooting problems with my FitBit than I have actually using it. Support case responses are unhelpful to the point I'm convinced it's deliberate.

How do I go about claiming a refund for a defective product under warranty? I'd like to buy something that works please.

I was in the same boat, what ended up working for me was to completely remove my tracker from my phone including the Bluetooth, make sure my tracker was also removed from my fitbit.com dashboard, then add it back to my account through my windows 10 pc.

Once I did that, and reinstalled the app on my phone, after I logged into the phone app my tracker automatically synced..... and has been syncing great with my phone ever since.

I also never update my fitbit app if it's working well unless I have to 😋

Best Answer

I'll have to keep that in mind for the inevitable next time this happens. Good tip on setting the app to not updated as well.

Turns out that this time the update corrupted all of the Bluetooth cache files so clearing them and re-pairing the FitBit seems to have done the trick. For now!

Best Answer

I also am having syncing issues with Android 8 and various versions of the fitbit app (currently2.66).

Yesterday it worked all day until 18:10, this morning nothing, so I tried removing it from Bluetooth (forget option) and re-pairing it. The first couple of times it couldn't connect and then suddenly it is working.

But for how long?  Will I have to go thru this same exercise tomorrow?

The issue here is that I have had these problems off and on since I bought the device 3 weeks ago. It needs a permanent resolution, not a fix that works with one minor release and then fails again next update.

Best Answer

It lasted a couple of hours.  Smiley Sad

I have tried re-pairing a couple of times plus rebooting the phone.

Repairing lasts an hour or so, rebooting I can get one sync then the old restart Bluetooth message.

I'm getting rather sick of this...

Best Answer
0 Votes