Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serving size not updating with logging food.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

For about 2 weeks I've had a problem with my fitbit app.

For example when I log bread, and the last amount I logged is 2 slices. But now I need to log 3.

The number keeps jumping back to what it previously was, so I'll log 3, and it will jump back to 2 for up to 5 times. This is so annoying! Does anyone else have this problem?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Yes and it's driving me mad!

Best Answer

Bump! I'd really like to know if this is an issue that's going to get fixed.

Best Answer

Hello @Dananigans and @nightswimming, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community. I've been reviewing reports about a similar case but so far this is not a glitch. Please give it a try to the step from this post, the case is different but the steps applies for this issue.

See you around and let me know if the issue persists.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoMEwrote:

Hello @Dananigans and @nightswimming, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community. I've been reviewing reports about a similar case but so far this is not a glitch. Please give it a try to the step from this post, the case is different but the steps applies for this issue.

See you around and let me know if the issue persists.

I followed your instructions and it didn't do anything. Still getting the bug. There's a thread from over two years ago reporting this bug, and it's still happening, what gives?

And to clarify what this bug is doing: I constantly have to fight to enter food as it'll reset the serving side before I have the chance to even submit it.

Example: Search Chocolate kiss, default serving size is set to "Serving" and some random number. Two things can happen:

1. If I am simply editing the number, I will delete the number that is there, enter the number I want, and before I can save the log it'll reset the number to what the default value is. I have to go through this process 3 or 4 times it seems before it'll leave the number I enter long enough for me to submit it.

2. I want to edit the measurement, not the portion. So change "Serving" to "Pieces". 1 Piece is 23 calories, 1 serving is several hundred. I change it to "pieces" but before I can submit the log, it'll reset it back to "Serving". I again have to fight with it 3 or 4 times before it'll let me submit what I want.

Again, I just did the clearing cache, force stop, reset phone thing. And it is still doing this. It's ridiculous that people are spending a couple hundred $ and then have to fight with a basic feature for several years (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Logging-food-resets-portion/td-p/1158663)

Best Answer

For those that find this thread in the future, the solution (that worked for me) was found here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Editing-serving-size-is-not-changing-and-some-suggestion...

You have to actually logout of your account in the app (click your account tab in the upper right corner, scroll to the bottom and click "log out"). Log back in, and the problem appears to be gone, but you'll have to set up the main page of your app if you've edited it (where the different options sit, not a big deal).

Best Answer

This seems to have worked for me. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes