Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still receiving email notifications despite the option is Off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I get an email to the account I have set up on Boxer my Blaze gets a notification. I also get the calendar notifications like I have enabled. Calls and messages work fine.

My HW: Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Fitbit Blaze

All Day Sync : Enabled

My notifications are set up like this;

Calls :enabled

Text Messages: Messages

Calendar events: Boxer

Emails: disabled       <---------------

No other app notification turned on.

Any ideas how to stop email notifications?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks.

First I had no trouble pairing and getting notification like other users. I figured that out on my own. I did do it as you suggested but no change. This is a bug but since the most popular new Samsung phone is not yet supported I understand...a bit. I don't have a choice in which email app (Boxer) I use, as it is dictated by my work. I just want my Fitbit Blaze to notify me when I have a meeting.

After further investigating the issue is;

For calendar event I can choose "Boxer" or Samsung calendar

For Email I don't have the "Boxer" option.

Currently they seem to be lumped together in the Calendar notifications and when "Boxer" is selected in calendar and I get both Boxer Calendar and Boxer email notifications.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Guyneedsh3lp, nice to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! I was reading you are still receiving email notifications on your Blazer despite this option is disabled.

Before we step in to the troubleshooting suggestions to address this issue, I have to mention the Galaxy S9 still is not listed as compatible. So there is a small chance this might have something to do with this behavior. At the moment the Fitbit app is not optimized to work with this phone and some features may present some odd behaviors.

Saying that, I would like to suggest to choose a different email service from your notification settings and sync your tracker to apply the changes. Once you have done this, try to disabled the option and sync again.

If the issue persists, the following will be optional due to the same reason the phone is not listed as compatible yet. So the other solution might be to set up your notifications from scratch:

1. Unpair your tracker from your Bluetooth settings. If you are unsure how to verify or change settings for your mobile device, refer to instructions provided by your device manufacturer. For most Android mobile devices, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find your tracker in the list of paired devices, and then tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your tracker. Keep in mind this doesn't refer to unpair your tracker from your Fitbit account. Is just the Bluetooth bond that you are removing.
  2. Reboot your mobile device.
  3. In the Fitbit app, tap Allow notifications access again and allow access to the Fitbit Notification Service, and then turn on call, text, calendar and turn Off the calendar notifications.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.

First I had no trouble pairing and getting notification like other users. I figured that out on my own. I did do it as you suggested but no change. This is a bug but since the most popular new Samsung phone is not yet supported I understand...a bit. I don't have a choice in which email app (Boxer) I use, as it is dictated by my work. I just want my Fitbit Blaze to notify me when I have a meeting.

After further investigating the issue is;

For calendar event I can choose "Boxer" or Samsung calendar

For Email I don't have the "Boxer" option.

Currently they seem to be lumped together in the Calendar notifications and when "Boxer" is selected in calendar and I get both Boxer Calendar and Boxer email notifications.

Best Answer

Hello @Guyneedsh3lp, my apologies for the late response. I appreciate you have brought to my attention that by marking the calendar notification, it will include the email alerts too from Boxer.  I'm sure your post will help other user in the same scenario.

See you later and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes