Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strongly dislike the new update!

• The new update is horrible - especially the sleep graph! I use the information from this part of the app daily and the previous version was very user friendly when comparing my 30 average and age group to today's stats & seeing time spent in each phase. The new version looks like a Dennis the Menace path with its dotted lines and text mixed in. Please bring back the old version!
Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Vonnie1967 

I'm sure you'll be disappointed to know there isn't a way to return to the previous version of the Sleep data.

The change to the Sleep data is part of the Fitbit redesign that started rolling out last year. This 9to5 Google article (<-- click link) provides more information about Fitbit's future.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Thank you, @RiekoC! ☺️

Best Answer

"I'm sure you'll be disappointed to know there isn't a way to return to the previous version of the Sleep data."

This isn't technically true, I was able to uninstall the current version and pull version 3.88 from a software repository. I've got the entire UI back to the way it was before they googlefied it, seems to work fine.

Best Answer

Hi @Vonnie1967 

I thought I'd share with some additional information about the redesigned sleep section.

We recently learned that the sleep data redesign was for Accessibility, especially for users with visual impairments. The updated sleep section is now compatible with screen readers so users who have vision issues can see their data. The sleep graph was redesigned for color blind users. That's why it was divided & stacked into the various sleep stages as opposed to the bar graphs. Apparently, color blind users weren't able to tell the which bar graph was which sleep stage.

The redesign was also necessary for future app enhancements.

If there is specific sleep data that you are having trouble finding, let us know. We'll help you navigate to what you're looking for.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is horrible. The update before this was also bad but this one takes the price. I have Premium but I am done now. 

I rarely witch brand or services, I am loyal but this...done. I was eyeing Samsung watch last year cause I hated the dashboard on Fitbit so much but heard they were coming out with a different style this summer. Almost here and I will be first in line to order one. 

Goodbye fitbit, it has been a good, what? 10 years? 12 years? Long time anyway. Good job on ruining your brand.

Best Answer

Color blindness would not be impacted from the previous version compared to this as it shows stages via the "waves" (top is awake, mid-top is REM, mid-lower is light, lower is deep)  and having the total time spent in each phase printed inside the graph makes it less user friendly to look at in color or black & white so that excuse is not valid. When the overall experience is unpleasant causing users to stop using the product, future updates become a mute point.

Best Answer

Not sure if this is meant as a serious argument. "Let's make everybody use a walker because some people might find a walker useful"..... does that sound about right? 

Make either view available and everybody is happy assuming the walker you made is useful 

Best Answer

Just tried the new 4.15 app..... same, awful, reverted back to the red and blue one

Best Answer

FitbitUser331. That's what I said. Let the user pick the version. I want (and NEED) the old version.

Best Answer

Vonnie, I too detest this new update. The sleep graph is extremely difficult to see/follow (and the excuse regarding the color-blind persons is ridiculous). All those dotted lines is a visual nightmare. I'm with the other participant about being "done" with Fitbit. Every update is worse than the last. And on another note, why has exercise stopped tracking without one having to manually input it? Walking 4.5 miles and doing yard work, with a daily active zone of 98 minutes should automatically count as exercise, but no longer does. To reiterate....this new update is awful. Going to be searching for something new.

Best Answer

I hate the new Fitbit app. I will be canceling my premium subscription. The sleep stats are a total mess! 

Best Answer

And you've got to be at 100% vision or have a massive phone screen to actually see the detail!!

Best Answer

I’m done with Fitbit - this new ‘update’ to the sleep activity is horrendous. I use it every single day and my eyes just can’t cope with what they’ve changed it to. After using Fitbit, and owning several Fitbit devices over the years, I am done. I have an iPhone so I will be switching to Apple Watch. Google have officially ruined Fitbit. 

Best Answer

On top of the hates for this change, it will also no longer rotate to landscape on my phone so it is almost impossible to see any detail. WORST decision ever!

Best Answer
0 Votes