Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Bring back Silent Alarms in the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In recent software updates for Android and IOS, Fitbit removed the ability to manage silent alarms through the app. If you go through the forums, you'll see countless people struggling to locate their silent alarms on the app who are ultimately dumbfounded to learn that this core function has been removed entirely from the app. Now, you can only manage your alarms through the device itself. 

For those of us who rely heavily on silent alarms to manage our daily schedules, this is a disaster. On any given day, I have at least a dozen silent alarms, some of them repeating. To go through them all on the device, where you can only see two alarms at a time, is extremely cumbersome to update, and it prevents you from ever having an overview of your day. I've found myself using another app to now map out my alarms for the day/week and then manually putting them into my Fitbit. Not good.

If you look through the forums, you start to get a sense of how much time Fitbit users are wasting over this change. Before contacting customer service, I personally spent more than an hour going through every single option on the updated app and then reinstalled the app itself, because it made absolutely no sense that they would actually remove this function altogether. (Programming note: Even if you have good reason to do something like this, at least flag to users what you've done so we don't waste our time!) 

Please—bring this function back. Even better: Put it as a main tab on your "Today" screen instead of burying it several layers in. Because while tracking water consumption and menstrual cycles and mindfulness minutes are all great, believe it or not many of us still use our Fitbit watches to actually help manage our *time*. Thank you.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @tsr712, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and personal experience with your Fitbit device, I understand your situation and how frustrating this matter can be for you. I'd like to let you know that we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, therefore, the feedback that's shared here in the Community Forums is always appreciated and really helpful for us to evaluate our procedures and make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes