Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supported Phone Selection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recieved a Charge 2 at christmas 2016 as a gift, lucky me. However, my phone is unsupported and the app crashes often  and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes it works great  but mostly it dosent. Support says if its not in the supported list  then it is unsupported in a helpful tone.  Other threads by users state that this means its just not guarenteed to work. - No, its unsupported.

Anyway, rather than return my fitbit Charge 2 I choose to select a new phone. I am familiar with Android so would prefer to stay with android. However...

1.  Selecting different phones individually, checking its features match all the features of the Charge 2 is some what tedious. Can you improve this  web page to help people select a supported phone. Maybe someone has a link for a third party web page thats upto date?

2. The support list is very dated, when I cross check  a phone available today, there are very few in the supoported list. Most of the supported phones are old hat, some are even  unavailable. I dont want to invest in an old phone. I would like to view a complete list by date the phone was released and have visiblity of when it was added to the support list. Is this possible, maybe someone has a link for a third party web page thats upto date? Budget, Moderate and Premium option would also be great to filter on.

3. Is there a list of phones that you have been tested and failed? (As opposed to untested) or a list of phones that Fitbit are currently trying to add to the list?

4. I am suprised there isnt more visibility  when buying that it is device compatabilty that should be highlighted and not just android compatable. However, I guess that wouldn't be good for sales.

Any help would be appreciated?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Just a comment on phones not on the supported list. They are unsupported in that fitbit will not want to help resolve connection issues with phones not on the list, but they may work OK.  My phone is not on the list but seems to be working ok. 

If a phone is on the list then it will work OK. 

If a phone is not on the list then it may not work, work partially or inconsistently, or has simply not yet been tested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THanks SteveH, However this dosnt help me select a new phone. Too much of a gamble. THe older model of my phone is supported assuming later phone models will work can end with alot of dissapointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trawling through the entire list of supported android phones only 2 are currently available here in the UK.

The Samsung S6 & S7 with edge variants.

Thats it. All other manuafacturers have a completly new ranges and models.

Absolutley shocking! err . . . I mean disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the supported phone list be updated? There are so many new good android phones out now other than S7's not on the list.

Am I correct to assume any phone not on the supported list that is currently working is not guarenteed to work after any type of  update, software or firmware ?

How many fitbit users are updating their phones? Does the lack of supported  phones worry anyone else?

Best Answer
0 Votes