Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Changes Weight and Won't Update Goal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I logged my weight yesterday and I suddenly met my goal (I had 2lbs left), so I changed my goal to a lower one but I still have the Woohoo message. Also, it keeps changing my weight to 18lbs randomly and saying I gained 160lbs in a day. And my dashboard keeps losong my cals burned even though my surge is correct. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling it.

Why is this happening?!?!?!
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi

Have moved this thread from the Surge to the Android App section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to @Rmslater  and thank you @SunsetRunner for redirecting the post. 

One of the most common reasons when this happens is due to the configuration of your weight. Its possible that one of your weight logs is not correct causing these discrepancies, so make sure your Starting weight is correct and you don't have an incorrect weight log. To review this go to your App Dashboard > open the app Menu, located in the left upper corner > Select account > Look for the gear Icon in the right upper corner > Select the option "Nutrition & Body". Your starting weight should reflect your current weight, so make sure is correct. If you see a different number make the proper adjustments. Also on your Weight tile, review if you don't have a log that could be drastically changing your weight loss.

About the missing calories, are you referring to the calories you burned overall during the day, or the calories In vs Out that are managed by your Food plan? As this may change the final numbers depending of how active you were against the calories consumption. 

On the other if are your total calories, note that it might be a delay at the moment to sync, as the calories you see on your tracker should be the same on your Dashboard. If this is the case I recommend the the following:

• Turn off Bluetooth
  • Make sure you have the most recent version of the app, by visiting your Google play store
  • Log out from the Fitbit app and restart your phone, once it has loaded sign back in and turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Do not reinstall the app as this may present other issues.

Let me know how it goes and see you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes