Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync issues with Samsung Galaxy S10e phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried everything from turning on and off the bluetooth and reinstalling the app. I even restarted the device and my phone as well. Can this be an issue with the last Android update? It was working fine until today and the device won't even connect to bluetooth.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @gshh93. Welcome on board!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for troubleshooting your Fitbit device prior posting. I'll be here to help you out with this. I've confirmed that your Samsung Galaxy S10e is part of our supported devices list, and I'm wondering if you see an error message on the Fitbit app. Also, do you recall if this started happening after updating your Android phone or the Fitbit app?

Although you've tried some steps, I'd recommend to give a try to the following:

1. Remove your Fitbit device and any other device from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. On your phone's settings, tap on Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen, tap on force stop and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's picture > Fitbit device > Sync now.
  5. Once the sync is completed, setup the notifications one more time to reconnect your Fitbit device via Bluetooth.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

I tried that multiple times. Now the device is syncing to the app but it is not showing up on Bluetooth. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Right now Inspire HR is showing up on Bluetooth but still will not connect.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is working. Is this an issue with the app or can I have my Inspire HR replaced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @gshh93, thanks for getting back and keeping me updated. @LostEchoes. I'm glad to see you here and thanks for helping our friend.

@gshh93, I appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting your Inspire HR and I'm sorry that the issue persists. Since this shouldn't be happening, please give one last try to the following steps:

1. Remove the Inspire HR from the Bluetooth settings. If you used another phone or tablet to sync, please do the same on there and turn off their Bluetooth settings.
  2. Restart your Fitbit device one more time.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile's icon > setup a new device.
  4. Choose your Inspire HR from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
  5. If everything goes well, try setting up the notifications so it can pair via Bluetooth.

If the issue persists, please let me know the error message displayed when trying to sync. Also, confirm if this started happening after updating your Android phone, or if it was after updating the Fitbit app.

Let me know the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I was able to get my Inspire HR to reconnect to my phone after repeated trying out various solution methods such as shutting off bluetooth and reinstalling the app. Is this something that needs to be updated (sw) to prevent reccuring issue? This has happened before and an app update did help in the past. Or could this be the device problem? I don't understand why the device would disconnect without being prompted and it took days to troubleshoot.

Best Answer

Hi @gshh93. Thanks for getting back and I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I'm glad that you were able to connect your Inspire HR, and thanks for your efforts while working on this. I understand your point of view as your device should continue being connected with your phone. While these troubleshooting steps aren't intended to be done regularly, please monitor your Fitbit device and keep me updated if this happens again so I can further investigate. Be sure that our team constantly works on our products to enhance your experience with them.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

The same issue is occurring again (has been happening for more than a week). It states that the Notification is not running in the Fitbit app. Is there an issue with the SW update? The notification would sometimes work but most of the time it's not working even if I sync the watch to the phone. I went over all the troubleshoot options.

Best Answer
0 Votes