Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues? Possible solution and unknown bug I've reported.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been having random sync issues for a year. I had tried all the suggestions under the sun. All were a temp fix or didn't fix it at all.

I have am pretty sure I have found the issue. 

If you install the Fitbit app on any other mobile device it will interfere with syncing.

If you have installed the app on another mobile device, try turning the Bluetooth off on any other device you have the app installed on and try to sync again. You can choose the device you want to sync by turning the Bluetooth off on all the devices you do not want to sync to.

I use my tablet to view my results that I sync to my phone. If I forget to turn Bluetooth off on my tablet my phone absolutely will not sync until Bluetooth is turned off on the tablet. 

I have also definitely determined your tracker does not need to be listed in your mobile devices Bluetooth settings for it to sync and interfere with syncing on other devices. Fitbit links your tracker to your Fitbit account and when you sign into another mobile device, your tracker will connect to that device regardless if it is in the devices Bluetooth settings. This is the behavior of my tablet. My tablet does not have the tracker in its Bluetooth settings but when I turn Bluetooth off on my phone my tablet will sync with no issues. 

I have reported this behavior to the Fitbit app mobile team and have yet to hear back. I felt it was time to come to the community and report my findings so the Mobile app team can see this might be a bug and a fix should be implemented. There are a lot of us that would like to use two mobile devices, or more, to view our results while syncing with only one device.

I hope this helps out at least one person. Good luck and happy stepping Smiley Wink

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I forgot to mention...

This applies across IOS and Android devices. If you use both this issue still applies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to clarify. If you turn off the Bluetooth off other devices and it still isn't syncing a reboot of your device may be needed. The way Fitbit sends and receives information makes the last device the tracker syncs to primary.

I have two phones and a tablet I was using for my testing.  It seems to recognize a tablet as a non primary device and will not "lock" the tracker to it.

But if you have synced with two different phones, and still use both, it will "lock" to the last synced device. You WILL have to remove it from the secondary devices Bluetooth, if listed, and clear the app from the recent apps list. A reboot of the device you want to use is required and you may need to reboot the secondary device if the primary still is not syncing. 

This issue with multiple phones is the biggest issue with this sync bug. It does effect tablets IF you last synced with it and left Bluetooth on. On the tablet you can simply turn Bluetooth off to move sync back to the phone.

This will not be everyone's sync issue. But I have confirmed with others this issue can be replicated and also effected a friend with an IPhone and Samsung combination. 

Best Answer
0 Votes