Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing difficulties with Inspire and Samsung A5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I use my Inspire and Fitbit app, most of the time, the app doesn't sync with my Fitbit. I tried turning the Bluetooth on and off, and sometimes it works. Now it says "Can't sync InspireHr" or something similar. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A5. The Android version is 8.0.0 

Moderator edit; Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Cherberube, welcome to the Community!  

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. Keep in mind that the Samsung Galaxy A5 is not listed as a compatible device with our products and services, therefore, you can experience some connection difficulties with it.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Cherberube, welcome to the Community!  

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. Keep in mind that the Samsung Galaxy A5 is not listed as a compatible device with our products and services, therefore, you can experience some connection difficulties with it.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply. I guess I'll have to wait until I replace my Samsung for it to work properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Cherberube, sorry for the delayed.

Thanks for taking into consideration the steps that were shared in my previous post. If the troubleshooting steps from my previous post didn't resolve your concern, please try the following:

1. Restart your Fitbit.
  2. Please on the phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, and remove all the connections that exist with the device. (Forget device, ignore or unpair depending on the version of the operating system of the phone).
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth and restart the phone. (Switch off and on again).
  4. When the mobile device is back on, turn the Bluetooth on again but do not attempt to connect to the Fitbit from here.
  5. Go on the app and try setting up the Fitbit as a new device.

Let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Fitbit Versa not compatible with Samsung Galaxy A5. Have had Versa for less than a year and now wont sync. Can u please make this a compatible device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @jenluvslife, welcome to the Community Forums! Sorry for the delay in responding your post. 

Let me share with you that we are constantly working and testing different mobile devices to make sure that they work as intended with our products and services. As it turns out, at this moment I'm unable to let you know when or if the Samsung Galaxy A5 will be added to our list of compatible devices, however, my best advice for you will be to constantly check our list of compatible devices for any update.

For the syncing difficulties you're experiencing, please try the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous posts and let me know if the issue persists.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes