Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing difficulties with Versa and Samsung S20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa that suddenly refuses to sync to my Galaxy s20. I've not had problems until this last week. It won't sync, connect to Bluetooth, and the time is suddenly an hour behind. All settings are correct as far time and notifications. I apparently haven't slept for the last 5 days either according to the Versa. Any help would be great!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Aburle, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'd like to follow up and help you with your Fitbit Versa since it won't sync with your phone. By the way, thank you for checking that the settings are correct.

Please try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, monitor your watch and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue as well, but on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. 

1. My versa has no issue connecting with my Ipad 2's fitbit app (yes, the OLD ipad). In fact, I could remove and add the versa as a new device ONLY through the iOS app.

2. The problems connecting with my Note 9 started with the latest Android update, I suspect. Or it could be the new fitbit app update. Unfortunately, I cannot ascertain which one created the issue.

3. I have tried all the steps ad nauseum. Off/On bluetooth, uninstalled/reinstalled fitbit app, restarted phone and versa multiple times, removed and attempted to add device (and failing).

4. Latest attempt: uninstall/reinstall fitbit app on phone, logged into account, and I have "Linking with Fitbit app required for connectivity features", a swirling circle, "Linking is taking longer than usual. Please be patient. We're on it" and okay. Clicking on okay brings me back to the fitbit app.

5. I note that Fitbit Sync Service notification comes up, and it says "Last Synced: Unavailable". Click on the notification brings me back to "Linking with Fitbit app..." with the swirling circle. 

For now I've resorted to using iOS ipad to connect to my versa and sync the data. The fact that an old ipad can sync with the versa suggests that the problem is not with the watch, but with the android phone's bluetooth.

Fitbit App: 3.25

Permissions: LOcation

Battery: Allow background activity - checked. Optimise battery usage - Not optimised.

About Phone: Galaxy Note 9

Model: SM-N960F/DS

One UI version 2.1

Android version 10

Baseband version: N960FXXU5ETEC

Best Answer

I've tried these steps... sadly it's the newest update that created rather than fixed bugs... can you send a new update that will solve our problems... PLEASE! I've wasted hours trying to trouble shoot this... 

Best Answer

Galaxy S8 user btw 

Best Answer