Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications on my Huawei P20 Pro

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Just got my new phone Huawei P20 Pro. But I can't get my notifications anymore on my Fitbit Alta Hr. It always says by Fitbit app, restart your Phone. But that doesn't help! Also, if I want to see if my phone can sinc whit Fitbit, I can't find my phone in the list. (I think it's too new, with Android 8.1 Oreo) pls, can somebody help me? Thxxx anyway 😏

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try This Buddy I have Honor 9 And honor View 10 so it might help you 

1 Go To Settings on Your Phone 

2 Go To App & Notification

3 All Apps

4 Scroll To Fitbit App 

5 Permission Toggle All On 

6 Notifications - Make sure Toggle Is On , Make sure Enabled Sync Is on 

7 Go to Battery 

8 Choose Launch 

9 Make Sure Automatically Is Toggled Off , Make sure In Manage Manually Auto Launch , Secondary Launch ,Run In Background Are All Toggled On 

10 See if notifications work , You May Need to Restart Your Phone Once , Also You Can Turn Of Notifications Dots , And For Toast Notifications In Status Bar , Worked for me , Have been Getting Notifications for The Past 5 Hours , No Red Warning About Service Not Running , Still a Bit Of Delay in Getting a Notification But Least It's Working , Try It See If It Woks For You 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Hi I lost all hope but then came across a solution. In the Fitbit app (I have a blaze) but tap on the device and then tap notifications and all the options should be on there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All really tried that, it doesn't work 😞

Best Answer

My Ionic doesn't sync with my p20 Pro either. Hopefully there will be a solution as I'm thinking of exchanging the phone for something else

Best Answer

@Supermcteague wrote:

My Ionic doesn't sync with my p20 Pro either. Hopefully there will be a solution as I'm thinking of exchanging the phone for something else

Thx for your reply. I hope there will be a quick solution for us 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Supermcteague wrote:

Thx for your reply. I hope there will be a quick solution. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Funnily enough the next day my Fitbit stopped working with notifications again and can't get them back... Damit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not funny 👎🏼 hope we will get a solution soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anything here help?? - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Huawei-P20-compatibility-with-Fitbit-Ionic/m-p/2646727

I am watching keenly as I am interested in getting this phone as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 All Apps

4 Scroll To Fitbit App 

7 Go to Battery 

8 Choose Launch 

9 Make Sure Automatically Is Toggled Off , Make sure In Manage Manually Auto Launch , Secondary Launch ,Run In Background Are All Toggled On 

10 See if notifications work , You May Need to Restart Your Phone Once , Also You Can Turn Of Notifications Dots , And For Toast Notifications In Status Bar , Worked for me , Have been Getting Notifications for The Past 5 Hours , No Red Warning About Service Not Running , Still a Bit Of Delay in Getting a Notification But Least It's Working , Try It See If It Woks For You 

Best Answer

@Ta2man wrote:

3 All Apps

4 Scroll To Fitbit App 

7 Go to Battery 

8 Choose Launch 

Yes, yes yes! It works!!!! Thank you, thank you! Woman Very Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I will try this out. 

Best Answer

Bit of a further update , if your phone stops sending notification , just restart your phone I found this out last night , for some reason when you phone left for a while the app goes into a deep sleep , Turing Bluetooth on or off has no effect , Turing notification on and off has no effect , restarting the watch has no effect , I also check huwawei push service that's the bit that's sends notification and mad sure that was not sleeping it wasn't , the only things Ng that kickstrats it is a phone restart but once you do that notification work and will continue to work while us Ng your phone or there is movement , only seem t happen when leaving phone or on charge over night , so I would imagine there will be a fox for it but really terrible app and software 

Best Answer

Yep happened, had to restart indeed. Many people have this problem 👎🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep happened to me, had to restart indeed. Many people have this problem Woman Sad 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So bit update to my last post regarding pairing issue , I have noticed than when you go back from the notification  page in the fitbit app the toggle for answering calls slide to the left turning it off or what appears to be turning it off and then when you enter the app again you can see the toggle move to the on position weather this has anything to do with the pairing issue i am not sure but i thought it was interesting ad the devs should know about it , also what i seem to ahve discovered as well which appears to work for me as well is during the day today i had to restart my phone again cause notification stopped which is right  know the work around as well but  what i did was when i noticed the toggle  , i left the app open in the background at that page  where the toggle is on and i didnt go backward out the app just left it there and it seemed to deliver notification faster there wasn't as much delay as before , i will try this again tomrrow but will leave the app open all day on that page and see if i can get notification all day without the need for a restart see video Fitbit Toggle as well 

Best Answer

This doesnt seem to work for me. At best I was getting about 30 minutes of syncing then it stops and says restart. I do that and no notifications -- the app still says restart to get notifications. 

My pebble still works perfectly which is frustrating and no other bluetooth issues whatsoever with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came up with only 1 solutions that works and to be fair it will have to do until fitbit adds the p20 pro to its list of compatible devices . This fix works for iconic . 

1 unpaid watch from Bluetooth and your account.

2 delete app from phone

3 factory reset watch

4 set up watch from start aka pair device  update and set wifi

5 make sure all notifications are on

6 sync device and leave app running in the background.. NOTE ...If you close app for any reason notifications will stop.. You will have to restart phone and manually sync again for them to work.. Remember to leave app running in the background . This uses hardly any battery.. I've been using this for 3 days now with no issues . I've also noticed no matter what I do I can't get automatic sync to work.. 

Hope this helps regards justin 

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes i tried on mu honor 10 view that  but it work for a few days but then stopped again and it got so irritating i took the versa back and got another one cause i thought it was faulty but havent set it up on those phones again cause it just doesn't work as intended it the software hasn't got anything to do with the phones

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue is not the watch nor phone it's the app.. It's not communicating correctly with the phones background system's . As I said its 3 days now with only 1 issue.. If I turn the app or phone off I've to reboot phone then manually sync watch but no other issues apart from auto sync

Best Answer
0 Votes