Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notifications on my Huawei P20 Pro

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Just got my new phone Huawei P20 Pro. But I can't get my notifications anymore on my Fitbit Alta Hr. It always says by Fitbit app, restart your Phone. But that doesn't help! Also, if I want to see if my phone can sinc whit Fitbit, I can't find my phone in the list. (I think it's too new, with Android 8.1 Oreo) pls, can somebody help me? Thxxx anyway 😏

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Plus to be honest I think it's because it's a Chinese company . Fitbit haven't supported an Huawei phone since the p8... 3 whole year.. Shocking to be fair

Best Answer
0 Votes

yep agree - i've said a few time , great hardware shocking software not tested enough

Best Answer
Thanks
Best Answer

I imagine this is the reason fitbit stopped supporting Huawei phones. https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/30/16950122/verizon-refuses-huawei-phone-att-espionage-cybersecurity...

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES!!!!! This solution function for me, i have just bought an Huawei P20 Lite, and the notification didn't work, but with this solution the notification are back to work.

Best Answer

Don't do it unless you want to get rid of your Fitbit!

Best Answer

Wrong. Fitbit stopped supporting Huawei phones for the same reason they stopped supporting pretty much every phone that wasn't a Samsung or Apple: Laziness. 

They simply can't be bothered to make the software compatible with other devices. It has always been this way and I doubt it will ever change. It's not like it isn't possible. I have devices from Amazefit, Garmin, and Polar that connect with every Android phone I own (and have owned) with no issue. This is strictly a Fitbit dev issue and claiming anything else is just being a Fitbit apologist.

Best Answer

Totally In Agreement Buddy Really we all need to get together as a team and vote so the post can be seen by more users get the word out that the only way to force them to support it also interesting that our of all the reviews of Fitbit versa none of them speak about his issue at all yet the forums are littered with issue 

Best Answer

I left a scathing review on the Android app in the play store. I have also done my best to bring attention to this issue in other forums. What really gets me is Fitbit is trying to break into the smartwatch market. The Ionic and Versa are pretty far from smart and nowhere near as useful as the Pebble watches were, but if Fitbit really wants to play in that space, they need to appeal to as wide of an audience as they can. Simply making your flagship products compatible with a handful of devices won't cut it, regardless of how popular that handful of devices are. What they have taught me is that I shouldn't buy any of their products unless I want to use an iPhone or a Galaxy. And if I was going to use an iPhone, the Apple Watch would be vastly superior anyway. 

It's maddening. The only reason I still use a fitbit at all is because I have friends/family who do and compete with me, but I'm pretty sick of the syncing issues. I use a lot of different Android phones and it's always a battle to get my data to sync.

Best Answer

Totally agree 100%.. Shocking how poor support they have for Huawei . They haven't had support since the p8... An absolute neglect to Huawei and fitbit customers.. Also I might add there is no support to 80% of there apps in Ireland.. Fitbit pay being 1of them

Best Answer

Yes I have done the same as well and like you left bad reviews , I actually live the hardware and the design 9f the watch it's just the software for be , and again like you I have multiple different phones , onwplus 5 ,honor,Samsung,neextbit robin,I even tried it on custom roms and it still the same , really bad , I like the completion of the forum , I even did a YouTube reviews as well ,I have loads of diffwedif smartwatcha as well , to watch,Samsung ,pebble,Huawei watch 2, lg , honor band , and every single one of them connects flawlesley with all this phones , the only one that doesn't is the Fitbit versa shocking , I don't get how it connects , it will say it's connected Inge app and it won't be , theme he phone say it's connected and the app won't it drives me mad 

Best Answer

It's a disaster. So now I'm going to give up my new phone? I'd rather throw the watch into the trash.

--------------

I deleted the Fitbit app. I reinstalled it. Notifications are working right now ...i wanna know how long ..

Fitbit Ionic , Huawei P20 PRO (.131 FW) Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 V2 (droid 8).
Best Answer

Well, it's been so long ago. It was the hell ..

Fitbit Ionic , Huawei P20 PRO (.131 FW) Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 V2 (droid 8).
Best Answer

I've had to move on , really disappointed , but I had no choice , I kept trying  ,even have the latest app update , but it's still the same , si I just couldn't stand it any longer had to go back to ticwatch and Android wear 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you manage to sort this? I can't add my versa at all 😞 

Best Answer

I did for about a month after posting this however I don't get no notifications at all now and it really struggles to sync with my blaze as well ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

No i went back to android wear your wasting your time it just will not  work and no one seem to be interested from fitbit all they care about is apple - so you left waiting for them to fix it which i wouldn't hold your breath all you get is well it not on the list of compatible phones which is out of date and about as much use as a chocolate candle

Best Answer

I paid £100 for my blaze second hand and I love it... Is annoying that the notifications don't work but I still like it. What are the other makes your mentioned like on price wise and do you get phone notifications on them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How has this been working for you so far? Still running smoothly? Would appreciate your advice thanks! 

Best Answer

it dint i went back to android wear i got fed up with the disconnections and syc issue and i gave up and could be bothered to keep trying and trying it shouldnt be like that in the first place said many times on here brilliant hardware 100 percent rubbish software for android 

@mmahmood wrote:

How has this been working for you so far? Still running smoothly? Would appreciate your advice thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes