Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 compatibility with Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi wondering if anyone has got the new HUAWEI P20 phone yet to see if its compatible with the fitbit IONIC, as I'm tempted

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

@DaveAV wrote:

Hi wondering if anyone has got the new HUAWEI P20 phone yet to see if its compatible with the fitbit IONIC, as I'm tempted

It doesn't show as an approved device HERE.

Best Answer

Nothing new shows up there Smiley Embarassed

Best Answer

I have no idea what their procedure is for testing and adding new phones to the list.

Best Answer

Hi I have just got a p9 lite today and the stupid thing won't connect to my ionic.  Any ideas as it is driving me nuts.  

Best Answer

There is a suggestion here - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-compatible-with-the-Huawei-mate-10-pro/m-p/2345155 that this might work:

1) Go to settings>Battery>Launch

2) Disable "Manage Automatically" on Fitbit

3) - Auto-Lunch (on)
    - Secondary Launch (on)

- Run in background (on)

There was also a suggestion somewhere else that perhaps EMUI 8.1 will have some Bluetooth fixes.

I'm also quite keen to know about the P20 Pro, it seems sadly Fitbit has little interest in keeping up with the latest Android devices.

Best Answer

Hello everyone @powellandy @DaveAV @Shelleswims @fluxx! As my friend @SunsetRunner shared with you, Huawei P20 and Huawei P9 Lite are non-compatible devices with the Fitbit app. 

The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices, however, we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. There are some users who can synchronize with non-compatible devices. If your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on the following help article: Synchronization troubleshoot or even notifications troubleshoot

Note that we don't guarantee that the synchronization would be will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.  

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a Windows 10/Mac computer with integrated Bluetooth 4.0 running the Fitbit Software. Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

But... if you want, we can try some steps that have worked for my sister. She owns a Huawei which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well) and she made it:

1. Your phone must not be set to "visible for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisible, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, Bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the Bluetooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

Thanks for sharing those suggestions @powellandy, however, I couldn't open the thread you're referring to. 

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is ridiculous. My ionic worked on mate 10 pro till the latest update of Fitbit os and now I can't use it. 

What's funny though is my pebble time steel works perfectly. This is not an issue with the phone's Bluetooth bit with fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anything here - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/No-notifications-on-my-Huawei-P20-Pro/m-p/2663466#M72381 - help??

I must say Fitbit seems to be pretty poor at up-to-date Android support. I'm currently on Windows Phone (which they actually support very well to their credit) and wanting to move to a phone with a good camera - and debating do I just get a Samsung Gear watch at the same time as it doesn't look like Fitbit are anything resembling responsive for Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly all lite models of Huawei don't work with Fitbit. There was a timt not long ago the Ionic  and Blaze were working fine. ButBan update from Huawei closed this loophole.

It has to do with the Bluetooth device they install in these models.

As for compatibility. Look up if the model works in the forum. The list is crap.  Previous phones are not on it and work perfectly.

Best Answer

Hi. Thanks for the explanation on compatibility between the Fitbit app and some Huawei devices. I see you mentioned the P20 in your post. However the link below is for a Youtube video of a Versa being set up in a P20/ P20 Pro?

Any known issues there?

I am looking to get the same combination...

Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQYClAxFfE

Fitbit's new Versa smartwatch is a cheaper version of the Ionic, with a super-slim design and £199 UK asking price. Our unboxing video includes full setup and a tour of the best Versa features and apps. We also compare the Fitbit Versa with the Ionic, so you know which fitness tracker is best for
Best Answer
0 Votes

watch setsup fine on my mate 10 pro but the app wont sync with the watch ever

Best Answer
0 Votes

P20 and P20 pro work fine. Iuse the P20 pro with the Ionic  but briefly had the versa. Works fine too👍

I just like the Ionic better

Best Answer

How did you get it done? I won't get any notifications on my ionic (what's app, sms etc.)
Also Syncing sucks as hell....

Any hints, tipps etc.?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I haven't managed to do it.  I have tried so many times to get it to work and it just won't.  Mine is a P Smart Huwaeii.  I have reverted back to my Samsung edge until fitbit sorts this out.  So frustrating as I rely on my ionic whilst I am on poolside incase so I don't have to take my phone.  

Best Answer

got a P20 pro/plus.. I really like the phone, also the ionic ... but is annoying as hell!!! Huawei is one of the biggest phone manufacturer there is... I really don't get it why Fitbit does not realize that and get their buts moving

Best Answer

How did you get the ionic to sync with the P20, your the only one as yet to achieve this, any tips

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart phone and Ionic solved it by my p20. Synchronisation is not so fast. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

P20 pro works fine with my Ionic except quick reply for Wechat.....anyone is using quick reply for Wechat? My Ionic only can do quick reply for Whatapps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How die you get it done/work? Notifications won't work with my P20pro

Outlook for Android herunterladen
Best Answer
0 Votes