Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with Charge 4 and OnePlus 7T

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the latest app update I have had sync issues with my Charge 4. "Sync failed" message appears and no data are synced. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps posted in these forums. I have occaisionally got it to sync but it is intermittent and exactly why or how it worked is unclear. Prior to the lastest app update I never had any issues. The tracker always synced when I opened the app. I have not changed my phone or seen any firmware updates so the only explanation I can see is that the latest app update has introduced a new issue around bluetooth connectivity that is causing sync issues. If the device doesn't sync it loses time and the app itself becomes useless since there are no data to display. The charge 4 forum is full of similar posts around connectivity - setup, linking, pairing, syncing etc. Is there any resolution for these issues that doesn't involved reinstalling the app or removing and reconnecting the device from my account. I've tried these multiple times and they do not resolve the issue. I'm using a Oneplus 7T with Android 10, app version 3.3 from 14th Sep and the Charge 4 has firmware 48.20001.96.29.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @BenRogerson, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums!

First, I appreciate your effort and patience for troubleshooting this situation before posting over here, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your OnePlus 7T that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having the exact same issue and also had to factory reset the device, remove it from the app, reinstall the app and then it synced once before immediately not syncing for the last 14 hours. I can't undertake all of the following actions every time I want to sync:

- turn Bluetooth off and on on phone

- restart Fitbit

- restart phone

- unpair Fitbit 

- attempt to re-pair Fitbit (fails)

- hard reset Fitbit

- uninstall and reinstall app on phone

- pair Fitbit and get one sync

As the OP says, I never had any issues until the app updated to version 3.31.1. my partner for some reason has not had the update on his phone and his Fitbit charge 4 is still working perfectly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think any of the usual trouble shooting steps will help. I tried everything suggested and the problem remains. I have given up. My charge syncs occaisionally throughout the day - so it does work. I don't know how or why. This morning when I woke up it hadn't synced for over 12 hours and the clock was 30mins slow. About an hour later I discovered it had synced and I could see my data. No idea why it synced then and whenever I go in to the app if just says "sync failed". Been using my Garmin instead since it works fine. Still, I prefer the fitbit app since I don't have to use myfitnesspal for food logging. So it would be nice if fitbit could give us all some real help instead of links to existing trouble shooting gudes that don't work for this issue. They probably work for adhoc problems but this feels like something in the software. My phone had just had a system update pushed out so maybe that we help but I'm not confident.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I agree the behaviour I am experiencing is still the same as yours Ben, I have also tried all of the trouble shooting steps. My partner has the exact same Fitbit and phone model as me, however he has version 3.30 of the app where I have version 3.31.1 of the app so I am sure it is an issue with the app, it updated on the 30th September and I've had issues since. My partner doesn't even have an update available, so it's as if Fitbit pulled the update before it affected everyone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I disocvered that if I take off my Charge 4 and leave it next to my phone for a few minutes it will sync without me doing anything in the app. However if I have it on my wrist and try sync now then I get the "sync failed" message. Try it and see if it works for you. Not sure why this should happen. The only difference would appear to be the lack of pulse data, alternatively that it is not moving, or those 2 conditions together. Weird, frustrating and not the correct behaviour.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been trying to find some sort of consistent behaviour but nothing. On Sunday took the watch off like you suggested, and nothing happened. Left it off near my phone for 20 minutes before putting it back on. Still nothing, but about an hour later it randomly synced. Then nothing again. 

All day Monday it all of a sudden started working flawlessly all day, through till Tuesday morning. Then the same issues came straight back and it hasn't synced for 36 hours no matter what I do.

My partner now has the app update, so now has the same model watch, phone, same app version and same watch firmware version as me and has no issues at all, so all I can think is that the watch itself has a faulty Bluetooth module. The watch is less than 3 months old and it seems Fitbit support aren't very forthcoming to help either of us out so the only option will be for it to go back. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem since the last update of the app. I received it yesterday, it worked, today the app dowloaded the update, immidiatly after the sync doesn't work anymore

Best Answer
0 Votes