Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues with Fitbits

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm so bored of this.

Everyone knows Fitbits have a problem syncing.

Yes, I've force stopped the app. Yes, I've turned off/on bluetooth.

It still won't sync for several hours.

I have zero problems with every other bluetooth device.

It's a firmware bug.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Moderator Edit: Content

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

No kidding,  I really like this app and everything my Charge 4 does,  but they better get their act together and fix the bugs in the updates cause this is aggravating.  Third time an update and can't sync saying I have no internet.  None of my other apps are giving problems.  Can't handle Samsung phone?  Just let me know please! 

Best Answer

Hi @ejhh, it's great to see you here. Hi @Kaybb, welcome to the Community Forums. 

@ejhh thanks for trying to solve this prior posting. If you haven't tried yet, please follow the steps in this link Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

@Kaybb thanks for the details shared on your post. I contacted the Support team and they informed me you are already in contact with them about this. Please follow their instructions and reply back to them so you can receive help.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive resorted to unloading qns reloading the app. Its obnoxious to do this every few days/weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @yn1, it's great to see you here. 

Thanks for the troubleshooting performed before reaching out. I'm sorry to know how you feel about this. If you haven't done yet, please follow the steps provided on my previous post

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed: On the fitbit device.. "Clear User Data" and try again.

Don't know if this could be a long term fix but worked for me. 

Hope this helps! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have. They do not resolve the issues. If my app remains open during the during of my workout,  the gps will track; if not, it wont. The settings are set for gps to always be able to track. The issue only arose at the beginning of the month.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@vidur.s thanks for your suggestion, I'm glad to know your device is working fine again.

@yn1 thanks for following the troubleshooting provided. At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

I hope your issue is solved soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AnaFitbit

Yes. Of course I've tried all of that.

I turn off/turn on bluetooth.

I force stop the fitbit app.

I turn off/turn on my versa

I restart my phone.

Sometimes these things make it work and sometimes nothing makes the fitbit sync.

It's 8pm and my app says I done 20 steps today whereas my fitbit says I've done over 10k.

I couple of months ago I couldn't sync for 3 days!

FITBIT, just admit it. Your app is more full of bugs than a termite mound.

Best Answer

So @AnaFitbit, I notice you or other Fitbit moderators do not deny my stated syncing bugs.

So I just ask, please stop all software development of new features until you have corrected the software bugs that currently exist. 

We all paid good well earned money to buy our Fitbits. We therefore expect the syncing function to work.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

I have to restart my versa 3 and my Moto G7 power phone every morning to get it to sync again!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's 6.04pm now and my fitbit app has not synced all day.

I say again. Fibit programmers  - stop what you are doing and fix the syning problem.

We pay money to you so please sort it out.

Best Answer