Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target distance seems to scramble miles and kilometers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set my target distance to 5 miles. I'm at 4.1 miles today and my progress circle shows me just past 50% to my target. Same between the app and my watch. I should be at 82%. I think the display is converting my target distance to kilometers (8ish) and then calculating the difference remaining in miles somehow. It's hard to explain, but if it's converted the distance to 8 kilometers and somehow then keeping the numerical value but substituting miles for km so it's thinking I have to go 8 miles, then my 4 miles would leave me at 4 miles to go, which is what my watch says. (Roughly)

Can someone check the code to see if the programmer swapped some units out and/or made a conversion where there shouldn't be one? It's driving me nuts that my progress bar is just over half instead of 80% there!

Watch is a versa 2 (just got a few weeks ago), phone is a galaxy s20+ but I was having the same issue before I switched phones a couple weeks ago. running the most recent version of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

If your referring to the circle around the goal, yes we are aware of some type of miscalculation 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, can we have some info on a ETA of a solution?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the solution it seems.

I logged into the Fitbit website, units showing Miles 13.04.

My mobile app showing 8.1 Miles (actually KM)

Both set to units Feet, Miles.

I then also logged into the Fitbit app for my Laptop, distance was 13.04 Miles.

Units miles.

I then changed this units settings to KM, it became 20.99 km.

On checking my mobile app, it also became 20.99 KM.

I then changed the mobile app units to Miles.

All apps then said 13.04 miles.

Hope this fixes the issue for everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DarrelH did you try adding screen shots? They failed. 

You might want to 

Best Answer

Hi Rich,

Well I made the change around 9 am, checked several times in the mobile app and was stating 13.04 miles (correctly) around 5 pm I checked and it had reverted to 8.1 miles. Both the windows app and Fitbit website still state 13.04 miles.

So was not a solution for myself and the conversion problem is still there.

Fitbit keep releasing an updated android app with bug fixes, makes you wonder when they might fix this given how long it's been on error.

Kind regards,

Darrel.

Best Answer
0 Votes