Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

I know it's a backward step but revert back to 2.9 via google 

The new dashboard is there and got my texts back and to be honest cant see any other differences at all 

Best Answer

I have done that, taking a chance on downloading a file from a third party site rather than getting it from FItbit. I too have the functionality back. 

My problem with this is 

- the manufacturer should make this file available on their site

- while those of us who have been monitoring this thread know about this work-around, for every one of us there is one or more other customers who are unaware of what to do or unable to do it.

Best Answer

Any update? This has been an ongoing issue for almost two months and I'm still having the same issue. I did an update on my fitbit yesterday and still the same issue wasn't fixed. Is this all fitbits across the board or is it a certain style? I have the Charge 3.

Best Answer

Still ongoing, I have done phone support and email.  They assure  me they are still working on this issue

Best Answer

How do you revert back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope they fix this before version 3.5 comes out. After that updates will only go to Android 7.0 or higher.  If they don't I guess I'll just stay with 2.95 instead.  2.95 works perfectly!

Best Answer

So, now I am not even getting notifications. Apple here I come. Fitbit is obsolete. 

Best Answer
Morning....I have a Charge2 and have had issues for 2 months as
well..."They are working on it".....I uninstalled FitBit and got the FitBit
2.95 through Google....fixed it! I also took "auto updates" off my phone!
Best Answer

Great stuff why cant they just advise this in the 1sr place  save a lot of frustration and annoyed customers 

Or go one better and make the update same as 2.95 

PROBLEM SOLVED 

Best Answer

My issue is not the exact same as subject line but started about the same time as others.  I do not receive any phone notifications anymore. - No Texts, calls or calendar. I have a Charge 2 with Samsung S7. Has worked for years until now. I reverted back to version 2.95 but unfortunately that did not fix it like it has for others. I got it thru the a pkmirror site. Any other ideas that have worked for others?

I did contact support and they only tell me they are "aware of the issue and are working on it".

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are indeed aware, have serious doubts that they are working on it.
Try the following, switch of all notifications in the app. Reboot your
phone, switch on all the notifications. It could work. It could not work...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that did not work either. I have even uninstalled v.2.95 and reinstalled it but no go. I have had some form of a Fitbit for over 8 years and have been thru all the little glitches with updates but this is a major selling feature that is no longer working. Just not acceptable. 

Best Answer
I had to go back a few more versions...2.9 perhaps???
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kayem1955 wrote:

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately that did not work either. I have even uninstalled v.2.95 and reinstalled it but no go. I have had some form of a Fitbit for over 8 years and have been thru all the little glitches with updates but this is a major selling feature that is no longer working. Just not acceptable. 

Check the app permissions in your phone settings. They're not always enabled after a fresh install. Also try logging out of the app and back in. Version 2.95 usually fixes the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you gave some instructions on how to get 2.9 version.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on this. I can't get my text messages on my fitbit but my apple friends can.  Thx

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you JessND! Version 2.9 did the trick. I am now receiving text and call notifictions on my Android - Just an FYI for others that still have this issue - I have a Samsung S7 and Charge 2. Going back to version 2.95 did not fix it for me but version 2.9 did.

Thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this. It's really annoying not being able to read texts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Time to go to Google Play and flood with reviews about the problems and poor customer service. 

I just did 

I don't know what will finally light the fire but we have been more than patient with direct attempts and this forum 

Go to Google Play and Amazon. Write the reviews.

Best Answer
I just wrote my comments on the Google play platform. One problem with this
platform is that Google Now decides which language one speaks and
understands and only shows reviews in that language. So now Google thinks
people only know one language. Idiots.
Best Answer
0 Votes