Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

Hello, thanks for replying but I have tried all those things multiple times and still no solution. Everything worked just fine until the update and now I'm not receiving the body of the text message just shows who sent me a text.

Best Answer

hi,

I'm having the same problems for days now and I've been trying the suggestions twice.

Still I only see the sender of a WhatsApp message, but not the body of the message.

It's getting really annoying.

Cheers,

Marcel..

Best Answer

I have tried everything twice again and still no messages. 

I normally don't have notifications on for my calender, but tested if that would work. And it did, I could read the calender note on my charge 2.

But strangely no texts exept the sender. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.

The notification from the calender is correct, but from WhatsApp it's not.

I see the sender twice, used to be the senders name and then the message body.

Best Answer

Got the same problem, using a Samsung S9+

I'm getting two notifications, the first just showing the sender's name, the second showing their name and the message.

Really annoying 😞

Best Answer
Hi, thanks. I tried all those and it is still the same issue.
Best Answer

I  have tried all of this and it still isn't working. What other options are there? Can we contact you directly to walk through what's happening to get it resolved?

Best Answer

Thanks for the info.  I think my point is that it used to work and now doesn't, so something has changed.My phone has not done an update, but Fitbit logged me out, so I'm looking to Fitbit.  There is a setting for the notifications to get sender or sender & message.  I have the latter checked.  Not sure anything else I can do to remedy this.  I have done all the reboots and checked settings that I can see.

This is very disappointing.

Best Answer

Can we contact you directly? None of the suggested things to try have remedied it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I absolutely agree with that comment. The fact is that this was working well since the last update of the app forcing me to login. And Fitbit have nothing to propose to fix it. Very disapointing.

Télécharger Outlook pour Android
Best Answer

@RicardoFitbitWe all tried several things. The Problem occurred after the update. It used to work fine. That it seems strange I can imagine, but please don't say there was something in our setting or on our watch that is off. The update originated the problem. Please help.

Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I have tried all these solution 2-3 times as well as other solutions on other forum posts. Now that everyone is mentioning it, I do rmemreme being forced logged off Fitbit and then had to log back in. Since then my Fitbit won't display texts. Sounds like this is an issue related to and update and not anything we changed on our fitbits/phone. Anyone know a way to revert to an old update? 

Best Answer

I started having the same issue at the same time as everyone else and just hadn't had time to address it.  (There is another forum string that is about the exact same thing, so it's not just a few people.)  I've done everything suggested and still can't see the message, just the sender's name.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.  Nothing changed on my phone, so.....

Obviously, this is an issue - I know that Fitbit had an issue with Android OS last year and it took a couple of weeks to get it figured out.  I absolutely refuse to be sucked into the Apple vortex, so I'd really like this to be fixed, since there is no way I'd ever get an Apple watch.  I guess we could all jump over to Garmin...

Best Answer

I tried all of this and it didn't fix it. I have the Pixel 2. This is completely the latest software update. Are your developers working on making an emergency fix? I am highly debating stopping use of the FitBit because this it not acceptable. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issues and have tried everything.

Cannot read the text messages on my charge 2 and it only started happening after the last upgrade....very frustrating 

Best Answer

Thanks for your attempt in helping, however, like everyone else has said, I believe we all tried those approaches before hopping on here to get a better answer.  But to be fair, I did try all of those again, still to no avail.  I read on the updates page for the Charge 2 that in a recent update notifications were now supposed to show the text message first and then the sender...that is not the case at all on my Fitbit--I just get the sender and no message...maybe that's where the glitch is occurring?  

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

And it's not like the notification isn't working, we are getting the name of the text sender.  It's that the message doesn't come through.  So troubleshooting "not receiving notifications" isn't the problem.  

Best Answer

Exactly. This is so frustrating  It feels like nothing is being done to resolve the issue  

Best Answer

My feeling is that you are not to far from the reality..Frustating. 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue with the text messages showing the sender but not the content of the message

Used to work no problem and then just stopped. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions and it still does not work. 

Best Answer