Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msgs only show Sender's name (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/12/19

Hey all!

We're still investigating and working on a fix for this text notification issue on Android. 

In addition to not receiving the correct text notification, we're now aware this is also affecting call notifications. Some of you may only see a previous caller's name and not the person actually calling you at the time you're receiving the notification. 

When we have more information for a fix, we'll announce it here in this thread. Please stay tuned for updates! 

Fitbit Update: 7/30/19

Hi everyone.

We're aware of these issues with receiving only the sender's name from your text messages. This appears to have started with the Fitbit for Android app version 3.0. If you're experiencing this yourself with your Fitbit device, please know we're working on a fix. 

While our team investigates this further, we just ask for your patience. Once I have information for a fix, I'll make an announcement here on this thread. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
795 REPLIES 795

Downgraded and now everything is working again. So happy. 😀

Best Answer

Using version 2.95, still getting the wrong caller ID for every single call. No notifications at all with the latest versions.

Android users have been dealing with this BS for three months now, but by all means, throw up a banner for iOS users who have had problems for six minutes.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Try 2.90. That worked for me when 2.95 did not.

Best Answer

@Swimmom1245- Will give that a try tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still am not getting any notifications to my Alta HR from Android phone. It worked for a day and stopped again. Getting very frustrated with this,please can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

See Kelemvor's post above, but use 2.90 instead of 2.95.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If this isn't resolved soon I will be switching devices....not I only get calories burned , not steps and no sleep data .this is why I purchased this .I have issues and need this fixed as soon as possible 

Best Answer

Hello all, thank you for the updates. I am sorry for the delayed response.  

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I understand that this can be very frustrating. It's still an ongoing issue that our team is prioritizing a fix for. Thank you very much for your time and efforts. We will continue updating this thread to provide any new information. 

@wpropes thank you for sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep working with them. 

I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Update: No update.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit I understand that you have parameters you need to follow, and could possibly get into hot waters if you say more than what you've been authorized to.

But honestly, right now this community feels ignored and the fact that there has been zero transparency on what's being done, really makes this significantly worse than it ever should have been.

Please just communicate with us on a personal level without the template responses.. let us know why this has been an issue that has plagued us for over a quarter of a year, let us know if there even IS a plan on getting things fixed, and let us know what is to be expected.

Real responses with real solutions would really go a long way right now.

Best Answer

Are these even real people or some kind of bots?

Moderator edit: content 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for both of your posts @richardeid and @Peter.83, sorry for the delayed reply..

The input that was shared is appreciated. Once we receive an update regarding this situation well make sure to post it over here to keep you guys updated. Thanks for the feedback that was shared, we are always striving to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the honest reply. Obviously, you cannot give us a real update unless you have one from the development team. I know it's tough to be the man/woman in the middle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Charge 2, was quite lousy at my sleep data, and then made the mistake of upgrading to an Ionic.  It says that I am asleep almost an hour later than when I went to bed,  then wake up time is different to the actual time I had gotten up. Then I CANNOT say that the upgrade device was worth money spent.

But if you need or want help to get the notifications working again,  let me know and I will try to be of help. 

Roland 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems Fitbit has been "working" on a fix for over 3 months, yet NOTHING has been done.  The moderators rarely make an appearance here and only say "sorry, we know there is an issue and we are working on it".

I bought a device based on what you said it would do, but you aren't holding up your end! 

Best Answer

I was curious to see if this was still going on. Based on a similar issue last Winter, I predicted, wrongly, that it would be three months before Fitbit would fix this. It's now close to four months. Wow. How pathetic.

I wish you all the best and hope you get a resolution. After being a Fitbit customer almost from day one, I moved on to a competitor product and tossed my Fitbit in the trash. Never again. Nice job Fitbit!

Best Answer
Well said! I'll dump mine very soon and move to another brand. I hope every
user does the same.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit I noticed today there is an update in Google play dated 10/19/2019 for bug fixes and improvements. Any chance the bug fixes address this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing but time is working now and I was on vacation last week time changed ,guess what now I can't get local time .can't find dashboard .just waiting for money to replace 

Best Answer

I have been with Fitbit since 2013. So you'd think they'd be trying to fix this .updates stink if it ain't broke don't fix it but this stuff is BROKE !!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes