Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is one thing I have been curious about.

It isn't to concerning just always had me curious.

Okay I have noticed this for a long time now but during the day I rarely have this happen. During the day my weather app thing on my fitbit has no trouble syncing all day. Sometimes every 30 minutes or less. However I notice at night usually when I am not moving around as much it take longer for that to sync and sometimes my phone could be right next to me and my device says it is not close by or doesn't detect it (But after a minute it is fine) When I wake in the middle of the night from my sleep I noticed the weather app on my device hadn't synced in so long that it won't even show the weather. So, I just always wondered why that happens? Is it because I am less active at night? and when I am asleep does it just not sync to anything?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

poke 😀😁😂🤣😃😄😅😆😉😋   Quotes.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Newfitkitty 

Are you using a bedtime schedule/sleep mode on your Fitbit and phone? If so, that's likely the reason why your weather app doesn't sync during the night. When your Fitbit is in sleep mode, the Do Not Disturb settings kick in and it doesn't get notifications or reminders. Basically, it's not syncing with the phone.

I'm using the Pixel Watch 2 with my Pixel 8 phone and use a bedtime schedule that syncs the 2 devices. The Pixel Watch app shows when the last the watch synced with Fitbit. In the mornings when I'll open the Pixel Watch app to check the device's battery level, there have been times when I see that the last Fitbit sync was over 8 hours ago. This corresponds to when my bedtime schedule started.

I'm not sure though, why you sometimes experience your Fitbit taking longer to sync your weather app.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

Maybe it is that I move less around the times of 11pm and midnight before going to bed so it has to being taking my lack of moving as possible sleep? It isn't the first time I accidently tricked my watch into thinking I was asleep still when I wasn't lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Newfitkitty 

It could very well be that not moving around much gets tracked as sleep for you during those hours. Like you, my Fitbit has tracked me as sleeping while I'm watching TV or reading a book or using my computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RiekoC it is kind of funny when that happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well now I have taken to at least moving my left arm for every few minutes. So far that seems to help.

Best Answer

Hi @Newfitkitty 

It sounds like you might have a partial workaround. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RiekoC wrote:

Hi @Newfitkitty 

It sounds like you might have a partial workaround. 👍

Yep for now at least. Also I think it happened less when I decided for one day to turn off my wifi and just use data for a day.

Best Answer