Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on the graphs update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have always liked the Fitbit graphs.  I wondered why some could show you history past a week and some could not; I wondered why some were line graphs and some were bar graphs and some were not, but I liked them. 

The feature I used most was scrolling sideways to center the time period of interest on the screen.  With steps especially, this even provided a customizable daily average over the desired time period. 

After the new update (most of which is growing on me), I cannot do this.  I am locked into viewing a calendar-defined section of data, which usually includes the empty future. (Screenshot of any graph showing a year, and another showing a week.)  I can no longer display a custom range of data. 

For example, I got sick recently, and it significantly affected my resting heart rate.  The event crosses a month transition.  While I can examine that from the 3-month view, if I want to zoom closer with the 1-month view I can either look at one side or the other, but not both.  (Screenshots of resting heart rate, 1-month view, June and July.) 

In looking up this issue, I learned how to long-hold and find individual data points.  While similar to what you could do on the previous graphs, it is still helpful.  However, if I want that, I could also scroll down the history to those days. 

Your update fixed a glitch where the heart rate charts rarely showed a full day; it always looked like it stopped recording at some random time.  Now my history is full of complete day-long graphs.  Thanks.

In addition: This post is incomplete because I cannot find how to attach an image. And yes, I read

How To: Add An Image To Your Post

under Community Basics.  I get something different than they say.  What I get is - Well, I can't show you. 

It is a pop-up box, titled "Insert/edit image", with four lines to type in. Above each line is what they are for; "Source", "Image descriptions," "Dimensions," "x." Below that on the left is a checkbox for "Constrain proportions." At the bottom right is a dark gray "Cancel" button and a dark blue "Ok" button.

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

I also have been unable to post images. But I see that some others are able to. I get the same strange interface that you do, that in no way allows me to browse and select or paste in an image. Based on the differences others are commenting on, about glitches, my guess is that this problem varies depending on what device/version of software you are using. I have tried it on my Android (OS v9) phone and Windows 10 PC and neither work. What are you using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

AFAIK, you can't post images because it's disabled for new users with a few posts.

Best Answer

I really don't like the new weight charts. 

Showing the data from the start of the week, month, 3 months, year is pretty useless and hasn't been thought through.

For example on January the 1st the year chart will show 1 day! 

On the first day of the week the week chart will show 1 day!

The charts need to show the LAST 7 days, 1 month, 3 months, 1 year so there is always a full set of data displayed. 

This latest update is not an update, it's a downgrade.

Come on Fitbit, you can do better than this!

Best Answer

It is no longer possible to see past heart rates in the graph. Before the update, it was possible to tap the graph to see eg. what was the lowest heart beat past day. That is no longer possible, tapping the graph does not do anything. This is definite downgrade of usability.

Best Answer

I miss the calories in/out graph showing you exactly how many calories over/under you were for a day when you hovered over that day. Now it just shows you the raw in/out numbers - only one of them at a time, not even both!

Best Answer

I cant believe the graph functionality has been reduced. We cant scroll sideways anymore. You now cant see the old data at the granularity you selected as we could before. Is this so they dont have to store high resolution data anymore? The point of a tracker is to see and understand your data, old and new, and if this is going to permanent it would be the first reason to jump ship after so many years and getting so many others to get a fitbit.

Time to download our data so it does not get lost.

I just checked and you can see that the old high resolution data is obviously being held is slower storage as when you go back in time the loading is quick and then slows a lot before it eventually shows you the data. So they could not work out the UI to do loading when you scrolled left and this is the solution. 

PS Why cant we just reply to the Fitbit post on this?

Best Answer

They have tarted things up around the edges but done NOTHING to fix the fundermental problems with the app. The micronutrients info us STILL all over the place.

The new graphs are next door to useless as they show less information and are harder to compare. 

Best Answer

I liked the other graphs much better than the garbage you gave us now!

You waste your time with changing graph looks that everyone seemed to like and had no past issues with, but I still am having trouble with the nutritional information being totally off!!!

Please don't waste your time changing anything until you get the nutritional information problem fixed and working correctly!

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

I HATE the new graphs. Seriously, they are awful. They look lovely and clean, but they have removed the ability to expand them to see more detail. I am so sick of "improvements" that actually make things worse. Keep the nice clean look but give us back the previous functionality. 

Best Answer

This was literally the last thing I used the app for, and now it's useless. I'm exporting my data and going back to a spreadsheet.

Not that it matters to Fitbit, as I haven't been a paying customer for some time - but now there's no reason at all to ever be one again. Very poor job from them on this.

Best Answer

The new graphs are terrible.  I used to love to look at the weight graph and watch my trendline going down.  Now all I see is a squished mess that is so tiny there are no details.  The SpO2 graphs are completely broken - everyone is reporting tons of high variations where there previously were none.  Fitbit - Please go back or at least fix them so they are once again usable.  So disappointed.

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

The new graphs are so bad I'm going to sell my Fitbit and get a different fitness tracker watch. 

You can't even see your daily steps for the last seven days any more let alone the last year. Useless!!!!!

Best Answer

Totally, totally agree.  They look awful and are much harder to use.  Not an improvement at all.

Best Answer

Imagine a world where your activity tracking app's users are able to see the past 12 months of their activity-or ANY 12 month period of activity- on one screen, any time they want, to see trends, improvements, etc. 

Now imagine developing, testing, approving, and releasing an "update" to your activity tracking app so that the one and only time your customers can get close to actually seeing all of their activity for the past 12 months on one screen is right before midnight on new year's eve. That "year" chart is now pretty useless in February, huh? 

This is where you spend your development resources? It's 2022 and there's still no dark theme. 

Best Answer

I don't like this update at all. The graphs look messy and the data is incomplete during the majority of the week/ month/ year. I would literally get premium if they promised the app would go back to the way it was, or at minimum let us choose. Does anyone know if there is a different app we could use that has the old format?

Best Answer

The new graphs are rubbish. For instance, the weight tracking graph now has a 6 stone y-axis, making even 1 stone gains or losses hard to read. Fitbit has broken something that didn't need fixing

Best Answer

The new graphs are absolutely awful, I don't understand. I can't zoom in. The default view is really small, and I can't easily see my weight trends. Please revert this absolutely awful change. It's unusable for me now as far as I'm concerned. 

Best Answer

I came here specifically to look and see why I'm seeing so many super high variations when my spo2 doesn't go below 95%. So it's nice to see that others are experiencing the same issues and I probably don't need to freak out! 🙃 

Best Answer

I even turned the snore feature on for a few nights to see if that was the problem, despite the amount of battery it eats. Nope. 

Best Answer