Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time pickers are all broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All the time pickers in the app are broken for me. For example, if I want to manually track sleep:

* The field for when I woke up initially says 8 a.m.

* I tap on the field to open the time picker and set it to 9 a.m.

* I tap on OK in the picker, the dialog closes, but the field stays set at 8 a.m.

It appears to be like this with all time pickers in the app.  Very frustrating!

FWIW, I'm using the Android O beta on a Pixel XL (and I'm not rooted or any of that other foolishness). Time pickers in every other app work fine.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for stepping into the Forums @jensck!

It is possible that it has to do with the beta version of Android O. Since the app has not been fully optimized to work with that version. To better understand what is happening, I'd like to ask you to take a screen shot of the time details.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @LanuzaFitbit

Here are the steps to reproduce:

In the Track Exercise screen -> Log Previous tab:
1. Note the time in the "Start Time" field
2. Tap on that field to edit the start time
3. In the time picker dialog which pops up, change the time to the desired value (e.g.: one hour ago)
4. Tap "OK" in the dialog
5. The dialog closes; note that "Start Time" has not changed from its original value in step 1.

I believe this can be reproduced with literally any time picker in the app, not just the start workout time.  As you can imagine, this breaks a *lot* of functionality.

Lastly, FWIW: if this is an Android O specific issue, Android O is slated to go stable in a little over a month, at which point millions of Pixel and Nexus device owners will have this new version.  This would then go from "one nerd in the forums" to "thousands of users with a broken app, leaving bad app reviews".  Feel free to pass along this perspective to management. 🙂

This is what the screen looks like before AND after trying to set the start timeThis is what the screen looks like before AND after trying to set the start time

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just realized I posted a screenshot and repro steps for a different screen then what I talked about in my first post, but like I said, this seems to affect every time picker across the app, so it makes no difference which screen you try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @jensck!

Thanks for the steps and the details. I will let the team know about this. If we get any updates or news on the matter we will let everyone know! 

Thanks for your understanding and your cooperation. Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I can confirm the problem as well in all date/time pickers in the Fitbit app. Other apps that use date/time pickers are working.

I'm also on Android O on a Nexus 6P.

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner! Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for the confirmation. It does seem like it could be happening because of the newer Android version. I'm sure that as we approach the full release, this situation will be reduced.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer