Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Syncing with your Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are multiple troubleshooting steps you can try. Make sure you check the required settings on your phone and try all the recommendations listed below before posting on the forums for further support. 

Requirements

• Your phone is running the latest version of Android OS. To check, tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • Your Fitbit device is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?
  • The Fitbit app is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I use the Fitbit app?
  • Your phone is connected to cellular data or Wi-Fi.
  • The Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone is turned on. To check, tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  • You have location services turned to always on, and the Fitbit app has permission to access your location. For more information see, Why is the Fitbit app prompting me to turn on location services?
  • If you use more than one phone or tablet device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your phone isn't managing other Bluetooth connections. If you have multiple Bluetooth products like speakers or headsets paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  • Your phone doesn't have a syncing issue listed in What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?
  • Your Fitbit device is charged.

Troubleshooting

1. Force quit the Fitbit app, then reopen it.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart it. For instructions see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Open the Fitbit app.
  5. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, restart your Android phone.
  6. Open the Fitbit app.
  7. If your Fitbit device doesn't sync, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  8. Open the Fitbit app. 
  9. If your device doesn't sync, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync. 
  10. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.
Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84
no problem, happy new years 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

The need to keep location services on all the time to connect to Bluetooth devices isn't an android requirement any longer (Android 12 onwards).

In the permission controller I do see that the app is accessing the nearby devices property, yet it won't sync with the device with location being turned on, which feels like an overreach. Are there any plans to update the app (at least for Android 12+)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem. Has it been fixed for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get it to sync when I turn my Phone on and off,and take off my fitbit,

and than I take a test vibration and it connects

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same exasperating error messages when trying to connect to the Gallery. I had a breakthrough today. I have Norton VPN running on Android. I turned it off then tried to connect to the Gallery again. Success! I can't say this will work for everyone, but it may help some with the same in the same situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

why my Fitbit charge 3 not working my Android Sumsung mobile phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting so frustrated with syncing. I have to do the troubleshooting steps EVERYDAY to sync my Versa 3 to my Pixel 6. This is getting ridiculous. We want to buy my MIL a Charge 5 to track her afib, but she's just going to be frustrated if she her phone and fitbit continually disconnect.

What is going on? Why won't they stay paired/sync'd ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
First please be advised that I am just a user, not a commentator. Wife and
I started with Charge 3s and older cell phones in 2020.We were quite
frustrated with syncing problems but we got by. Then we upgraded our
Fitbits and our cell phones at about this time in 2021. Syncing got much
easier with the new phones. So my take away for you would be to ask how old
your Mom's cell phone is. I'm using a Charge 5 now and it frequently syncs
with my Moto G 2021 without being prompted to do so. As it used to be said,
it takes two to tango. Consider a newer cell phone for Mom.
Best Answer

That's great advice, but MIL has one of those Jitterbug phones (she won't consider anything else unfortunately). I'm not sure if she'll have pairing problems.

However, *I* still have pairing problems with my <6 month old Pixel 6. It drives me up the wall.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have VPN turned on on your phone, try turning it off. I sometimes
still have trouble from time to time. Turning VPN off temporarily has
seemed to help. Good luck. Persevere. It'll be worth it in the long run.
Jimminy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the frequent syncing issue as well - @MiniLaura , I'm also using a Pixel (Pixel 3) - it's a bit odd, but sometimes when it won't sync (and the watch - I've got a Sense - briefly shows that "no phone connection" symbol when the screen turns on, pushing and holding to turn on the Google assistant, while the Fitbit app is open, reconnects the devices.  It doesn't always work, and I probably have to force-restart my Sense every couple of weeks on average (and as frequently as twice in one day when it's at its worst) - there's absolutely no question it's an annoying pain, and there isn't another product I've had similar connectivity issues with.

There's no VPN or any other complication either - the Sense's software just isn't quite up to snuff when it comes to syncing.  It's better than it was a couple of years ago, but it's got a ways to go before I'd classify it as "out of beta" - it's a failure of testing procedures that the Sense was launched with software like this, and it's hard to understand why Fitbit would be comfortable doing this kind of damage to their brand.  I'm writing this, of course, to encourage them to do something about it so their products are on more robust foundations going forward.  If the syncing issues are sorted by the time it comes for me to get another watch, the chances I'll stay with a Fitbit product will be far, far higher (and in many ways the Sense is great - there's a lot to like). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happens with me, problem is it doesn't last. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My bluetooth says Pariring not accepted by Versa 3....

Seriously, what the hell is that all about?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire will not automatically sync I have to reboot every time I want it to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has not synced since recent update. I tried to sync it today, it said complete, and there is still no data captured. It is charged. I turned off phone and started it back up. These things are expensive. What gives?

Best Answer

Having the same problem.i was dumb enough to buy another Versa because my previous one greenscreen after 3 mos.I'm so disappointed and they don't seem to care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Verse lite and have Android 11 and music controls don't work and when I turn on Bluetooth and pick Verse it say there no app assigned. I have no problems connecting the Verse Lite with my ipod touch and music controls work. 

Emery

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure if this is the reason for other Fitbit products but my experience on the Versa 3 is as follows. When the Android 12 was in beta it would not connect with the phone. However, when the stable version came out there was no problem connecting the watch and phone. Yet, it was not easy to pair and sync the watch and it would take time and maybe more than one attempt. I got a reply recently which said that it was owing to some problem with the Google Assistant implementation in the Versa 3. I had switched since then to Android 13 stable on my Pixel 6. The watch initially connected with the phone after starting the new OS but soon disconnected and refused to pair and connect. I used another phone to install fitbit app and logged in using my account userid and password. Then I paired and synced the watch with this phone. Lastly I setup Alexa on the watch. Finally, I tried on my Pixel phone and lo and behold it connected on the first shot and syncs beautifully. No problem since then. Looks like the problem was in the Google Assistant implementation. Maybe this might help those who have other products of Fitbit with Google Assistant implementation. I wonder though why this is not sorted out now that Google owns Fitbit!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too on the syncing problem, my Charge 4 has never done a time zone change without my interaction, and the interaction is different each time. A recent data synch required a factory reset after trying all the suggested methods. (Data was fortunately saved by using my iPad to access the FitBit.) I suspect that FitBit updates, device and app, are only to accommodate the new production, with inserted code potentially over-riding previous security, bug, and feature fixes.

Best Answer

It doesn't update and show steps in last 2 days. Android phone. Galaxy a71

Best Answer
0 Votes