Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips to enable dark mode for Android Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you own a Samsung phone under Developer Options there is a toggle to FORCE DARK MODE across the majority of apps.  First you turn on dark mode feature on phone then click the toggle in developer options and your Fitbit app will be in dark mode.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

That’s awesome for Samsung users. That’s an easy fix. You have some users with an iPhone who can do the same but it looks like trash. It would be nice if every phone had the same capabilities.

Best Answer

Hi there, @AndreaMatt and @Snarky_83.

I've moved your posts to this new thread in the Android App board, to keep the forums organized and prevent any confusion. Thanks for your feedback, as well as sharing the steps that worked for you. I understand how helpful it'd be to enable dark mode on the Fitbit app and I'm sorry this isn't available yet. Our team constantly works to improve our products, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process.

If you haven't done so, please vote for this idea posted in the Feature Suggestions board so our developers can keep tracking this request over time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndreaMatt - thanks for the tip but feature not available on Android 10 (S9+).

It may apply to later Android versions, or phones only.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_ Thanks for your reply and personal experience with that feature. Yeah the developers options vary from phone to phone. This could be a feature available to some devices only. I could not do it either with my LG G6.

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your phone is an Android, there is a setting to Force Dark mode, even on apps that don't have it, that makes the app dark mode, BUT you still have to endure the blinding white screen with the logo when you start the app ☠️👁

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your phone is an Android, what are you doing in the iOS App forum?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old thread, but since there is still no official dark mode for the Fitbit app, I thought I would share this here as it worked for me. On Android (10+) you can force dark mode through the Developer Options menu in Settings. 

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-dark-mode-fitbit-app

Best Answer

This isn't always a good option. All apps will be forced and some won't work correctly. In my case Starbucks wouldn't be able to scan the code fit my card because the black part of the code the computer wanted to scan was now white. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@crawdaddydoo92 - that's true for text but not for images.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That depends on whether you consider a QR type code an image or text. The same type of code that is on the back of a Starbucks gift card, they're not exactly barcodes but not exactly QR codes either. The point is that the computer is looking for a black pattern and you end up giving it a white pattern. 

Best Answer
0 Votes