Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many syncing options

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit app has 3 different options for syncing, and doesn't really explain what the differences are.

'All Day sync' -- this one seems relatively straightforward. Annoying icon, but always auto-syncing.

'Always connected' -- how is this different from the first one?

'Keep alive widget' -- enable persistent notification to improve syncing... again, seems like the same as the first one.

Why do we have all of these options? 

For what it's worth, I have NONE of these options turned on, but I get notifications just fine.

I don't want this to always sync. It seems to have a (minor) impact on battery life. What I want is for it to sync only when it's plugged into a charger, or alternatively give me a 'sync x times a day' option. 

/Arthur

Google Pixel 2 XL 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@ArthurY, placing the tracker on the charger has no impact/connection with syncing the tracker. There is no option to configure it to sync "x" times a day.  If you don't enable All-Day Sync (which I do not), the tracker will start to sync automatically when you open the app. Conversely, close the app, and it will not sync until to you open the app again.

You may want to check out the help articles on syncing your tracker, such as this article.

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply, Larry.

Looks like there is already a feature request for the 'sync x times a day' that I was talking about:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Custom-timed-Syncing/idi-p/885891

Best Answer
0 Votes