Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total step count drastically reduced

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday i had done 18046 steps and today it says i only did 4000. Why has it changed so dramatically?  Really annoyed and frustrated with this surge. Most of the time it doesnt sync or connect to my Samsung j3 and then it nicks my achievements 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Lisayoung, thank you for joining to the Fitbit Community! Note that only in rare occasions I've seen the data is changed to different amounts, specially in a drastically way as mentioned. So with this some questions came to me.

Are you using more than one tracker in your account, meaning a Surge and another of a different Fitbit type? How frequent is your tracker syncing with your account? 

One way to address this is by setting up your tracker again as a replacement. Just make sure to sync any recent data from your tracker before you proceed. For more details please use the following post as a walkthrough.

In this case I reviewed in our list of compatible devices and I wasn't able to find the mobile of your phone. This necessarily doesn't mean it won't work, but we cannot guarantee the behavior of the phone in relation to the functionality of the Fitbit app. This other post might come handy to address syncing issues: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Hope this helps. See you until the next one!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Galaxy 8+ and I also have lost data. Actually both myself and a friend (she has an iphone) have lost data. It has not reset, we can not figure out why it chgs. One day its fine and then it drops down but doesn't correct back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes