Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not found after Android Nougat Update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I never had any problems with my Fitbit syncing with my phone until I did the Nougat 7.0 update. I have force stopped the app, turned off bluetooth, reopened the app, turned on bluetooth, and Charge 2 still doesn't show up under bluetooth devices. I have uninstalled the app. I have cleared app data. Nothing is working. It is syncing fine with my computer. Help please! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I actually spent 20+ minutes on the phone with customer service and the Nougat 7.0 Android update has caused problems with the Charge 2. They have programmers apparently working on the fix. Things were working after I restarted the Charge 2 but stopped working again very shortly after! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@kristin1122, check out this thread on the same subject - it may have some helpful information for you.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-Flex-won-t-sync-since-Android-update-to-Nougat/m-...

Best Answer

The first thing i would do is uninstall the Fitbit app that was installed in Marshmallow. Restart the phone to clear out the fitbit waist. Now go to the play store and install the Nugget version of the fitbit app.

The tracker does not need to be seen in the Bluetooth settings for a sync to be successful,  in fact since the OS changed your better off removing it from their. It sounds like this has already happened. 

One more thing, if the tracker might be bonded to a different device, then turn its Bluetooth off or move 30+ feet away.

Does Nugget have the option to clear bluetooth cache like Marshmallow does? This could be helpful.

Best Answer
@USAF-Larry wrote:

@kristin1122, check out this thread on the same subject - it may have some helpful information for you.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-Flex-won-t-sync-since-Android-update-to-Nougat/m-...

I will keep following the thread but I didn't see any solutions. Thank you!

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

The first thing i would do is uninstall the Fitbit app that was installed in Marshmallow. Restart the phone to clear out the fitbit waist. Now go to the play store and install the Nugget version of the fitbit app.

The tracker does not need to be seen in the Bluetooth settings for a sync to be successful,  in fact since the OS changed your better off removing it from their. It sounds like this has already happened. 

One more thing, if the tracker might be bonded to a different device, then turn its Bluetooth off or move 30+ feet away.

Does Nugget have the option to clear bluetooth cache like Marshmallow does? This could be helpful.

I followed all your instructions and also cleared the bluetooth cache but it still isn't syncing correctly. The Charge 2 isn't showing up under Bluetooth devices and now your reply makes sense as to why it's syncing at all, but it's always behind and I can't get it to catch up to my current status. Hmm....! Thanks for replying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It fixed itself without any updates...strange

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love it when an phone fixes itself!  Smiley Happy 

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

I love it when an phone fixes itself!  Smiley Happy 

Same here!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello friends, @kristin1122, @USAF-Larry@Rich_Laue!! HeartThanks for being part of the family! I love when electronics finally decide to work how we want them to! Smiley LOL 

@kristin1122, I'm so glad to hear that you are back on track now. I  would like to invite you to check out our cool Discussion boards and share some experiences with us! 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually spent 20+ minutes on the phone with customer service and the Nougat 7.0 Android update has caused problems with the Charge 2. They have programmers apparently working on the fix. Things were working after I restarted the Charge 2 but stopped working again very shortly after! 

Best Answer

I am the same problem now. I tried almost everything but sometimes it sync and most of the time it's not. It works fine on iPhone..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Has this ever been solved? My Android phone won’t pair with my Charge 2 anymore since the update. I’ve tried all the suggestions of restarting and reinstalling but nothing’s working. It seems to sync fine but I’m not receiving notifications anymore which is partially why I bought the Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. Sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't 

@LaurenLWwrote:

Hi

Has this ever been solved? My Android phone won’t pair with my Charge 2 anymore since the update. I’ve tried all the suggestions of restarting and reinstalling but nothing’s working. It seems to sync fine but I’m not receiving notifications anymore which is partially why I bought the Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this "Accepted Solution"?

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution will answer your question .

BTW my two brothers sister and i all have Nauget and haven't had problems. 

As for pairing or searching for the tracker through the phones Bluetooth. This is not the way the instructions say to do it .

All setup needs to be done through the app .Simply open the app, log into your account .the app will try and sync the trackerstrconnected to your account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Syncing is not the problem. The problem is that I don't receive notifications anymore since the update. Everything else works normally.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is notifications turned on on the tracker? 

Is notifications setup in the Fitbit app and the phone? 

All pwrmissions have been given. 

Yes the tracker needs to be paired to the phone, but again. this pairing may only be done by the Fitbit app 

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?
Receive call, text message, calendar, and other notifications on your Fitbit watch or tracker if you have a compatible phone.
My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone
Try these troubleshooting steps if you're not receiving notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes