Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking exercise GPS without phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I have a Huawei p smart 2019 phone. Im unable to record a map route when I'm walking or running when I use my fitbit charge hr 2 to record whether I have my phone on me or not. The only way I can record GPS is by using the app on my phone.. Ideally I'd like to not have my phone on me. Is there anyway of doing this? I've checked my location is on along with Bluetooth and WiFi and still not working. I've reset my fitbit and uninstalled/reinstalled app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner welcome aboard! Let me give you a hand with your GPS concern and a warm welcome to the Community Forums. My apologies for the delay in responding your post.

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. Let me share that your Fitbit Charge 2 doesn't have a built-in GPS chip, this specific device use connected GPS to track your route during an exercise, meaning that the Fitbit will connect to your mobile device to track GPS data. For more information and details, I recommend you to check: Does my Fitbit device have GPS?

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

My previous phone was a Sony Xperia L1. I had my fitbit connected to this phone and I used to be able to choose my exercise i.e walk or run through my fitbit and even with my phone in my pocket I would be able to pick up the GPS. I don't understand why it's not picking the GPS anymore with the change of phone to the Huwaei p smart 2019. Are you saying I now have to track any exercise through the APP and not my fitbit watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @SunsetRunner, I'm here to continue assisting you. Your reply is appreciated as well.

Let me share with you that the Huawei P Smart mobile device is not listed as a compatible device with our products and services, therefore, you can experience certain connection difficulties with it and your Fitbit. To track any exercise, you can use your Fitbit Charge 2, however, if you want to track the exercise with GPS data, you'll need to have your mobile device nearby due to the fact that your Fitbit doesn't have a built-in GPS integrated. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes