Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking my walk, starting from a previous location

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just starting using the app to track my walks.  I have a One. My android version is 6.0. Here are the steps I take to start mapping my walks:

1 Open fitbit app and click on the exercise bar.

2 click on the stopwatch in top right hand corner

3 make sure it's on walk

4 push the red play button

5 then I get a screen that says pause and the time says that I have supposedly already been excercising for some time.  This morning it said that I had been walking for 12 hours already.  Now I just opened it to start again and it said I have been walking for an hour again.

6 when I get done with the walk. I click the pause button, then hold down finish button.  this does stop it.

When I look at the map that it creates it has started from someplace way off somewhere. (like my home or office where I work).  I did not start the exercise part of the app until I got to where I was going to walk (park).  This morning it said my hour long walk was a total of 13 hours.

what am I doing wrong?  Do I have a setting set wrong someplace?  I have looked at all the ones I can find in my phone and the app.  Please help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Dakotahgirl Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂

This sounds very strange. It should start with 0:00 and start counting from there and from the place you're starting and no other previous location.

I can recommend logging out of the app and rebooting your phone. After you've logged out, log  back in with the same email address and password and see how it goes. If you get the same thing, please, take a screenshot and share it here so that I can see what is going on.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

You are not alone! I am having a similiar problem with my phone and a brand-new tractor. My route is ALWAYS shown as a PERFECTLY straight line.  I live near a number of lakes so my Fitbit app frequently shows me cycling over water, NOT a good idea here in Florida with all the alligators. The voice app occasionally will have me walking miles in a few minutes.  I did not have this problem with my old Fitbit tracker and the SAME phone. I hope someone can help with these problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @jimsp. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having issues with your route not showing up correctly.

I'd like to ask how it is that  you record your walks. Also, what's the tracker that you're using? Does your tracker have MultiSport mode and you start the walking session on your tracker or you do this on your phone? If it's on your tracker, does it connect to GPS or you just record your walk just like that?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd like to ask how it is that you record your walks.
1. I start by turning on the phone's Bluetooth and location features (Samsung SM-G900V & 6.0.1 Android OS)
2. Then I start the Fitbit app and wait for the sync to complete.
3. I hit the "+" sign.
4. I select "Track Exercise".
5. I wait for the GPS to show my location.
6. I select the type of exercise (walking or outdoor cycle).
7. I hit the red start icon.
8. I confirm the timer started.
9. I cover my phone (OtterBox) and start exercising.

Also, what's the tracker that you're using?
Charge 2 (new replacement earlier this month). Firmware Version 22.22.53.4

Does your tracker have MultiSport mode and you start the walking session on your tracker or you do this on your phone?
I'm NOT sure how to answer this question BUT I think my tracker must have the MutiSport mode (see the motorcycle tracking screen displays at the bottom of my reply) BUT I ALWAYS use the phone to start my exercise tracking using the previous description.

These first few screen displays show PERFECTLY STRAIGHT routes over water and they are all at least a mile north of my actual route.
[X]

[X]

These last 2 screen displays were recorded as outdoor bike when in reality these were actually me riding my motorcycle with 1 stop. I had my phone for emergencies but did not start the Fitbit app. The steps seem strange since I traveled over 50 miles.

[X][X]

I hope I answered your questions because I need all the help I can get!
Jim S
Best Answer
0 Votes