Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treadmill data is confusing me.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help please.

I was a bit hungover so had a stroll on a treadmill for 56 minutes covering 3 miles according to the machine. My charge 2 clocked up a fair amount of steps but the results under treadmill in the app. only show a few steps and very low speed. I'm not that fussed but I would like to understand these results.Screenshot_2018-06-28-01-44-17.png

Screenshot_2018-06-28-01-42-51.png

Screenshot_2018-06-28-01-42-20.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

If you hold onto rail, tracker cannot detect steps.  They are detected by normal swinging of arms.  And treadmill can only calculate distance as number of steps times stride length. And if steps/distance are low, then speed will be low.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lilbiddy wrote:

Help please.

I was a bit hungover so had a stroll on a treadmill for 56 minutes covering 3 miles according to the machine. My charge 2 clocked up a fair amount of steps but the results under treadmill in the app. only show a few steps and very low speed. I'm not that fussed but I would like to understand these results.

You said the Charge2 clocked a fair amount of steps - do you remember what that count was?

If I spent that time on the treadmill I would expect about 6300 - 6400 steps at a pace of 3.2 mph. Holding onto the rails will keep the tracker from clocking steps, that's why I was interested in the actual count it indicated.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow and @GSaldiveri 

Thanks for your replies. I had thought holding the rail would account for the low step count but when I checked the steps chart under the daily total the count over the same time span shows about 5,000 steps. Hence my bewilderment. Cheers guys. 

Best Answer
0 Votes