Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with initial setup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just purchased a Charge 2 and am frankly disappointed. For a premium activity tracker I would have expected the wall charger and USB dongle as standard. I have tried to complete setup but the app states that there is insufficient charge. When I connect to my PC via USB the device buzzes but no charging icon appears despite having received an email stating that a charging icon should appear. The only thing on screen is the setup link which disappears to black after about 30 seconds. The setup link only returns if I press the side button and nothing happens if I tap the screen. I do not even know if it is actually charging or not yet. I contacted CS via chat and was told to give it an hour and try setup again. All this as well as sod all written instructions included leaves me regretting this purchase already.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The dongle used to be included with fitbits but they stopped this after the Surge came out. Sounds like documentation is out of date. This help file is correct: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1116/

It can only be synced via Bluetooth so connecting to a PC via cable doesn't help.

The lack of a dongle is a common annoyance. You might want to contact customer support before buying one. They may be able to help:

Contact.fitbit.com

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately, until the setup is complete the only thing the fitbit will display is the setup message.

I would leave it on charge for an hour, complete the setup, and then finish off the charge. This time it will show the charging status.

The setup instructions can be found at: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. When it is finally set up will I be able to sync the device with my PC via USB cable? Can I also sync it with multiple devices (PC, tablet & windows phone) with the app installed?

My PC is pretty powerful but does not have bluetooth capability on the motherboard hence my disappointment at not receiving the dongle (and wall charger for that matter) as standard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link you posted even states that a dongle should have been included. Similarly the email I received stating that I need to charge before I complete setup states that a charging icon should appear. So much inadequate, confusing and contradictory information regarding this product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The dongle used to be included with fitbits but they stopped this after the Surge came out. Sounds like documentation is out of date. This help file is correct: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1116/

It can only be synced via Bluetooth so connecting to a PC via cable doesn't help.

The lack of a dongle is a common annoyance. You might want to contact customer support before buying one. They may be able to help:

Contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes