Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with the NEW Update (Oct. 2016)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the Android app today around 1:00 PM, and for the past 8 hours I have been trying on and off to complete a sync with the update. The app will not connect to the FitBit, and eventually I get a screen that says:

Not working?
1. Keep your Alta nearby. (check)
2 Enable Bluetooth (check)
3. Make sure you have an active internet connection. (check)
4. Make sure your battery is charged. (check)

I have also tried restarting my phone a dozen times, and following the totally obvious advice given to me by Fitbit personel. 

I really need to sync this up!  I have eaten far too much today, and it's all because my Fitbit is a crutch. Help!!!

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7
I am having the exact same problem. Updated a little after 1pm and haven't been able to sync ever since.

I have tried everything you have listed as well and still won't sync either.

It's frustrating, especially since I'm in the middle of two challenges and have tried everything to get it to sync.
Best Answer
I have exact the same problem, since I was updating the app on my phone and try all the steps listed before but anything worKS (uninstall the app, restarting the monitor and phone etc) but finally can syncing turning off the WiFi on my phone and start over all process of setup. (please note that I have Internet access on others apps like YouTube netflix etc)
Best Answer
Having same issues. What are they doing about it?
Best Answer
For some reason my Surge can't syncing with the app, while the phone's wifi it's turn on, I'm just turn off it and all works fine again. This happens since I was updating the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my app yesterday at about 3:00pm EDT, and it has not had any problems with syncing since then. After I updated the app, I restarted to phone to ensure it had a clean load and cleared cache. When I reopened the app, it immediately did a sync with the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too!!!!!! Same thing happened to me - I lost my challenge I was in - I was so close!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it to sync after restarting my Alta and reinstalling the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes