Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off notifications from groups

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know how to turn off notifications that come from groups?  I made a comment on someone's post and now I am receiving a notification everytime someone cheers or comments on the same post.  I have checked the notifications setup in my app, but there is not one listed for this.  Ideas?  

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Fitbit app version 2.75.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Amg6038 Hi and Welcome - not sure if it will work or if it does whether it will be immediate but when you comment at the top of the page is a blue bar with auto saved and a time - just to the right of that should be a box with email me when someone replies and a tick box - ensure the tick is off, (web version - not sure about the app as I don't go to the community pages on my phone

the other option that may work is go to the thread you made a comment on and open it up once open on the page you can reply to comments on there should be an options button click on this and there should be an option to unsubscribe you could give that a go

not sure if these can be done via the app or whether you will have to go via internet or PC version

hope this helps a little

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever figure this out? I really need to silence them as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let me know if you figured this out!!!  I can't get rid of notification or clear the ''history" of all the comments I've been notified of!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@H-Bo Hi and Welcome - could you possibly send a screenshot of what you are seeing as I managed to clear mine but Fitbit are saying you cannot which is why they stopped the notifications to that list (I may have cleared a different list) mine was all of the daily goals and achievements - IF I see it is the same as what I had I may still have a suggestion to clear them - if it is something different I will take a look into it but no promises as I have not got the same access as Fitbit staff

Kind Regards

Wayne 

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's this....the comments.
I don't want to see these forever, not do I want to be notified when
someone comments on a post I also commented on!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@H-Bo Sorry I must have been confused on your original enquiry - if you are talking about the community posts there are a few things you could try (may not delete all lists but may help reduce some)

Firstly when you first make a new comment you can tick the checkbox at the bottom which says e-mail me when someone responds

notification 4.PNG

next if you have already committed to this and no longer want results you can at the top of the page go to Options and select Unsubscribe

notification 3.PNG

you could also go to your settings (you photo icon top right) and click on my subscriptions you should see the following

notification 2.PNG

tick each checkbox then scroll back up to the email subscription options and select unsubscribe (you can go here first if you want to select all)

and finally scroll back to the top of the page and select notification settings and un-tick automatically subscribe option

notification 5.PNG

not sure if the notification list that's already been produced will be cleared immediately (not sure if it is linked to subscriptions) but should stop more being added

finally note that you will have to go into the subject you requested to get any answers if you select the don't email me option to find out if anyone has responded to your enquiry and answered any future enquiries

Hope this helps some and please let me know so I can help others if that has helped

Kind Regards

Wayne

PS if you do not see the check boxes you need to go to private messages>options>turn on batch processing)

Best Answer

I believe the problem was with noise from private groups. I believe there is nothing to do but leave the group or never cheer or comment. 

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer
0 Votes